|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
|Previous: Nexus War, War against the Lich King|
|Concurrent: Operation: Gnomeregan, Gilneas civil war|
|Next: Elemental Invasion|
|Place: Echo Isles, Durotar|
|Outcome: Horde victory
Death of Zalazane and reclamation of the Echo Isles by the Darkspear tribe
|view template • talk about template • edit template|
Zalazane's Fall is the final push by Vol'jin and the Darkspear tribe to retake the Echo Isles from the clutches of the evil Zalazane. It is a culminating event for the Horde to occur before the release of the next expansion, Cataclysm. Furthermore, all troll characters created after the liberation of the Echo Isles will have their new starting point there.  The event started on the 7th of September, 2010 (USA) and the next day on EU servers.
The following information is taken from the official site:
Most of Azeroth's savage trolls are infamous for their extreme hatred of other races, but the Darkspear tribe and its leader, Vol'jin, are an exception. Over the years, the Darkspears have proven to be invaluable members of the Horde. Vol'jin in particular is known to offer strategic advice to Warchief Thrall on a regular basis, and the cunning troll played a role in retaking the Undercity after it was overthrown by the rebel forces of Varimathras and Putress.
Yet for all of the tribe's accomplishments, the Darkspears are still plagued by a tragic history of exile. Long ago they were driven from Stranglethorn Vale's mainland by the more powerful trolls of the Gurubashi empire and then settled on a remote island. The Darkspears later sought refuge with the Horde when their isle was destroyed by a mysterious sea witch, and Thrall granted the trolls new lands on the Echo Isles off the coast of Durotar. Aside from a brief exodus when Daelin Proudmoore's fleet arrived to hunt down orcs, the Darkspears enjoyed relative stability until one of their own, Zalazane, drove his brethren from their latest home.
The witch doctor Zalazane had been one of the tribe's leading mystical instructors when he was inexplicably driven to insanity by the powers under his control. Utilizing dark magic, he enslaved many of his fellow tribespeople and amassed an army of mindless Darkspear trolls. Fearing that all of his tribe would come under Zalazane's sway, Vol'jin ordered the remaining free Darkspears to abandon the Echo Isles.
Vol'jin's Darkspears settled in nearby Sen'jin Village, which they have since used as a staging point to attack Zalazane. Over the years, members of the Horde looking to test their worth have braved the Echo Isles to confront Zalazane, and many of them even returned seemingly victorious with his severed head. These victories, however, proved to be nothing more than illusions created by the twisted witch doctor's dark magic. Days after these trophies were taken to Sen'jin Village, they reverted to their true forms: painted rocks and coconuts adorned with wooden tusks, or even the heads of Zalazane's enslaved trolls.
Despite these setbacks and his preoccupation with advising Thrall on Horde-related matters, Vol'jin has spent considerable time formulating a strategy to recapture the Echo Isles. Now he believes that the time to strike at Zalazane has come. As the Darkspear leader and his close allies Vanira and Champion Uru'zin await approval of their plan from the ancestral spirits, they have begun rounding up new troll recruits and staging reconnaissance missions to learn about Zalazane's minions.
Yet Vol'jin's trolls are short on forces, and the enslaved Darkspears on the Echo Isles outnumber them. The Darkspears are well-known for being among Azeroth's bravest combatants, however, and fortunately many non-trolls have expressed interest in assisting Vol'jin, perhaps hoping that restoring the Echo Isles will eventually bolster the Horde's strength.
Vol'jin is also aware of the strategic importance that a Darkspear homeland offers his allies, but he is motivated by more personal reasons. Zalazane's betrayal was an affront against Vol'jin's dream of a better life for his tribe, a destiny that his late father, Sen'jin, envisioned years ago. Only by retaking the Echo Isles will Vol'jin be able to honor his father and at long last secure a permanent homeland for the long-exiled Darkspear tribe.
"Zalazane Must Fall!" Cries Vol'jin
Embedded on the coast of Durotar, the tiny troll Village of Sen'jin is bursting with recent activity. In what some claim is a retort to the overblown assertions of the vertically-challenged High Tinker Mekkatorque, Troll Chieftain Vol'jin has announced his intention to "honor de ancestors n' take back da 'omeland, mon." The call has been given, and the scattered Darkspear tribe has begun to gather at the once-sleepy location. Now the primal rhythm of beating drums and strange clouds of acrid smoke drift aloft deep into the night, arguably a sign of celebration and preparation for an impending offensive.
With the full support of Thrall and his counterparts, Vol'jin is calling upon all factions of the Horde to prepare for an assault on Echo Isles and the twisted witch doctor Zalazane. He will pay for his crimes against the Darkspears and the land bestowed upon them by Thrall! As explained by Vol'jin in the demand for Zalazane's fall today, honorable members of the Horde passing through the village proper -- whether they've never slain a boar in their lives or are the subject of every dragon's nightmare -- will be given a chance to help their upstanding troll brothers in what will surely be the most brutal of attacks. But first there must be preparation. With the Echo Isles on the line, no detail is too small, no spoken word too trivial. And for that reason the noted troll shaman, Vanira, will get adventurers started on the monumental tasks ahead.
Using sacred totemic rituals, Vanira needs frogs for her agenda. It is unclear of her exact intentions with these amphibious lurkers of Sen'jin, but there appears to be a bat handler standing by. Could it be that frogs will soon rain down from the heavens upon the Echo Isles? When asked for further comment, Vanira only remarked that she's seeking "da perfect spies." It seems war is sometimes won with even the most unlikely of arsenals. Spying on the enemy, however, is only the beginning. Vol'jin has spoken of a most-trusted trainer of reinforcements, Champion Uru'zin, who will guide new recruits of all ranges of experience into battle-hardened Darkspear warriors. "Trollin' for volunteers," as Vol'jin remarked, will be a key component to building a strike force capable of overthrowing Zalazane's hexed Darkspears.
Vol'jin argues that the spirits are on the side of his Darkspear tribe. Can animistic beliefs truly manifest into proven battle leverage against Zalazane? Perhaps only Vanira and her beguiled spies can answer this. But it is rumored that, long ago, a tribe of troll druids once called the Echo Isles home. If ever there was a time for good omens such as this, it is now. Only if the spirits truly are on the side of the son of Sen'jin, reportedly only a phenomenon that Witch Doctor Hez'tok can decipher, then the assault will commence! Those who assist Hez'tok in his ceremony will be adorned with Darkspear Pride, allowing adventurers the ability to take on the form of an elite Darkspear Warrior during battle. Wearing such battle garb is an honor to the ancestors of a people long persecuted and plagued by war between tribes.
Should the spirits give their blessing to Vol'jin, Champion Uru'zin will call for all seasoned veterans of the Horde levels 75-80 to aid in the attack. If "at last, everythin' be ready," as Vol'jin put it, his plan is to launch a full assault from the shores of Sen'jin village. Vol'jin exclaimed in his call for such an assault today, "come, now! Join in de liberation of de Echo Isles! Zalazane will fall!" He's gone so far as to offer a particularly rare Sen'jin Overcloak to those who help bring Zalazane down. Even still, sources report that this foe possesses powerful voodoo and black magic.
Preparations for Zalazane's fall are underway, but will it be enough to best this witch doctor? It's time, proud members of the Horde, to stand with your disaffected troll brethren and recognize the full might of the Darkspear tribe!
- Vol'jin yells: Sons and daughters of de Darkspear! Friends of de tribe!
- Vol'jin yells: We be gatherin' here, on de shores of Sen'jin Village, to be takin' BACK what is ours!
- Vol'jin yells: Come, now! Join in de liberation of de Echo Isles! Zalazane will FALL!
- Vol'jin yells: We be gettin' ready to march to de Isles, an' FREE dem of Zalazane's wicked rule! Join me!
- Vol'jin yells: Zalazane's time has come! De Darkspear will have a proper home again. Be ready!
- Vol'jin says: You came, wise sista! De Darkspear be grateful.
- Zen'tabra says: Of course, Son of Sen'jin. Zen'tabra always keep her word.
- Vol'jin says: De time has come! Warrior of de Darkspear, make ready! Da Loa walk wit us! Are ya ready, Vanira, Zen'tabra?
- Vanira says: De elements be walkin' wit us, too...
- Zen'tabra says: ...as do de beasts of de Isles.
- Vol'jin says: Den we go! First, to Bwonsamdi... if we gonna win dis, we need his mojo on our side.
- The party moves to a first isle.
- Vol'jin kneels at the skull pile and begins a chant.
- Bwonsamdi appears.
- Bwonsamdi yells: WHO BE STIRRIN'UP MY BONES? Dem's Bwonsamdi's charges, and not ta be touched!
- Vol'jin yells: I be Vol'jin, Son of Sen'jin, here ta ask your aid, o great Bwonsamdi.
- Bwonsamdi yells: I know who ya are, shadow hunter. An' I know what ya WANT. But what makes you tink I'm gonna help YOU? Ain't a wise ting, callin' me from de Other Side...
- Vol'jin yells: I ain't askin' for me alone, Great Spirit, but on behalf of da Darkspear Tribe... on behalf of me PEOPLE.
- Bwonsamdi yells: Darkspear... it been a long time since I heard de drums... since I drank de ritual offerings. I be watchin' over your dead, Vol'jin, and for NOTHIN'. Why have de Darkspear forsaken Bwonsamdi, eh?
- Vol'jin yells: We were driven away, Great Spirit. Hexmaster Zalazane took de Isles from us... drove us mad, made us fight one another. De only trolls left in de Echo Isles are his mindless voodoo slaves.
- Bwonsamdi yells: Zalazane...
- Vol'jin yells: Aid us, Bwonsamdi! Help us regain our home! Return de Darkspear to de Isles, and hear your drums again! Drink your ritual offerings once more! Dis, as de Son of Sen'jin, I swear.
- Bwonsamdi yells: Hrmmm. Time ta see how bad ya want dis, shadow hunter. Time ta see if you be WORTHY.
- A battle errupts and the party emerges victorious.
- Bwonsamdi yells: Ya tink ya got what it takes ta face ME? Give up, shadow hunter!
- Bwonsamdi enters the fray.
- Bwonsamdi yells: ENOUGH! You got some BIG mojo, Vol'jin. Maybe you worth helpin' after all...
- Vol'jin yells: Not me, Great Spirit. Me TRIBE.
- Bwonsamdi says: Go to de old village, across de water. Take it back. I'll help ya den.
- Vol'jin says: Dey be waitin' for us, all. We fight now for our old home... we gonna reclaim what be OURS!
- The party moves to the main isle. A battle errupts, Jun'do the Traitror is finally killed.
- Bwonsamdi yells: Spirits of de Darkspear... ARISE! Take up de ancient masks, take up de bloody spears... you be followin' VOL'JIN, now!
- Bwonsamdi yells: Now GO! Use me boon wisely.
- Vol'jin says: Don' be underestimatin' Zalazane... he be a tricky foe, cunnin' and strong with de voodoo. Are ya ready? MOVE ON!
- The party reaches Zalazane's camp.
- Vol'jin yells: It be TIME, Hexmaster! De sons and daughters of de Darkspear have returned! We gonna drive you into de sea...
- Zalazane yells: You ain't doin' nothin' of de sort, shadow hunter. De Echo Isles are MINE!
- Zalazane yells: Witness de power of me voodoo... you ain't leavin' dis island ALIVE!
- A battle errupts, the party emerges victorious and Zalazane flees.
- Zalazane yells: Ha ha ha ha!
- Vol'jin yells: We can't be lettin' him get away!
- Zen'tabra yells: Der ain't no escapin' Zen'tabra. Not while he on dese islands.
- Vol'jin yells: Den find him, wise one. Go!
- Zen'tabra transforms into a bat and flies away, then returns.
- Zen'tabra says: He be just west of here, workin' at some black magic.
- Vol'jin says: Not for long. Time ta finish dis ting.
- The party moves to another isle.
- Vol'jin says: Give up, Zalazane. It be over, now.
- Zalazane yells: You fool! I ain't runnin' away. I lured ya here, ta kill ya wit' your own precious tribe!
- A battle errupts and the party emerges victorious.
- Zalazane yells: No matter! I can't be touched. No living ting can make its way trough dis barrier! Da Echo Isles be Zalazane's ta rule, shadow hunter! Now, and FOREVER!
- Bwonsamdi yells: BWAH HAH HAH HAH HAH!
- Zalazane yells: Who... who dat be?
- Bwonsamdi yells: ZALAZANE. What you tinkin', takin' dat which be mine? De Darkspear dead are MY domain, sorcerer... and now you gonna be one of dem!
- Zalazane's shield is dispelled.
- Zalazane yells: No! No... NOOO!
- Zalazane explodes.
- Vol'jin says: A fittin' end for so foul a troll. Bwonsamdi; you have my tanks, and dat of all de Darkspear. We will continue to honor you, as is proper.
- Bwonsamdi says: It'll be good to hear de Darkspear drums once more. You take care now, Son of Sen'jin. Bwonsamdi will be waitin' for ya... on de Other Side...
- Vol'jin says: Time to return to de village. Time to rebuild our home... de Darkspear's home. Will you be stayin' wit' us, wise Zen'Tabra?
- Zen'tabra says: Me fate be entwined wit' yours now, Vol'jin, for good or for ill. I be stayin'.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Removed.
- Patch 3.3.5 (2010-06-22): Added.
Event activated September 7/8, 2010