World of Warcraft Official Strategy Guide was published by BradyGames on November 16, 2004 and November 19, 2004. The guide provides:
- Maps of each city and region, with call outs for characters, quest locations, dungeons, and more.
- Essential stats and strategies for each of the 8 races and 9 classes for both the Horde and Alliance factions.
- Must-have quest data - - contacts, quest type, item rewards and more.
- Profession sections provide data on products, requirements and item components.
- Weapon, armor and item tables, ability and spell lists, and bestiary.
- Timeline, Background History, and Short Stories.
- Penny Arcade Comics
However, due to the ever-changing nature of MMORPG games like World of Warcraft, the original strategy guide is out of date. A second edition has been released as World of Warcraft Master Guide, Second Edition, and BradyGames provides an online service to give updates to their guides. See their WoW Community Page for more information.
There are two separate publications of this book. One was published for sale with the game, while the other was published to be sold separately. The only difference between the two is that the standalone publication had two variant covers, Horde and Alliance.
Short stories Edit
- A Druid's Tale
- A Hunter Prowls
- A Shaman's Retribution
- A Warrior's Story
- Attacking from the Shadows
- Hidden Knowledge
- Priestly Reckoning
- The Light Stands Strong
- The True Threat
Material from this book has been updated or reprinted in other formats.
- World of Warcraft Master Guide, Second Edition (the complete second edition of the guide)
- World of Warcraft Strategy Collection (Contains Master Guide Second Edition, Dungeon Companion, and Warcraft Atlas)
- World of Warcraft Battle Chest Guide (A mini edition containing portions from the complete second edition guide.)