- Were you looking for the new replacement for this Battle Chest simply called World of Warcraft or the old RTS Warcraft Battle Chest?
World of Warcraft Battle Chest (this is obsolete and no longer available as it has been replaced by the World of Warcraft package) is a collection of World of Warcraft products released by Blizzard Entertainment on October 2, 2007. It combines the DVD versions of World of Warcraft and its first expansion World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade with the BradyGames strategy guides for both titles, as well as two Guest Pass Keys, in one package at a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States and €34.99 in Europe. In September 2012, a digital version was added that also included the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King expansion with the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm expansion included in an October 2013 version.
Stuff included Edit
- Two DVDs to install World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade (PC and Mac versions on same DVDs).
- Game manual.
- One unique Authentication Key to create a World of Warcraft account (online registration required).
- One unique Authentication Key to upgrade World of Warcraft account to The Burning Crusade.
- Free month: First free month requires full completion of the online registration.
- World of Warcraft Battle Chest Guide
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Battle Chest Guide
Digital version Edit
A digital purchase and download version of the World of Warcraft Battle Chest is available as of September 19, 2012 that includes World of Warcraft and its first two expansions, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. In October 2013, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was added to the battle chest.
This version can be purchased and downloaded from the Battle.net account page.
No box version with all expansions has yet been released and will likely never exist. The new version of the battle chest is now simply called World of Warcraft.