|World of Warcraft:|
Warlords of Draenor
Warlords of Draenor Box
|Release date(s)||November 13, 2014|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Mac OSX|
Plot and setting
The expansion is set after the events of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria and takes place on the world of Draenor, the original homeworld of the orcs, prior to its destruction and the creation of Outland. Legendary characters of Warcraft's past, such as Grom Hellscream, Ner'zhul and Blackhand, make appearances.
At the end of Mists of Pandaria, Garrosh Hellscream is overthrown as Warchief of the Horde by the combined Alliance-Horde forces and taken into custody by Taran Zhu so that he can stand trial for the atrocities he committed in Pandaria. However, before he can be judged, Garrosh escapes captivity and, with the aid of a mysterious ally named Kairozdormu, travels back in time to the orcish homeworld of Draenor prior to the rise of the Horde. He creates an alternate timeline by preventing the orcish clans from drinking the blood of the demon lord Mannoroth, which led to their corruption by the Burning Legion and played a major role in the events of the first three games. The clans unite into an "Iron Horde", using technology Garrosh brought from his time, and begin a war of conquest on Draenor, building a Dark Portal that would allow them to travel through time and lay siege to Azeroth of the present era.
- Level cap raised to 100
- Boost to level 90 (one free boost per expansion purchased, additional character boosts can be purchased)
- New version of an old world — Draenor
- Updated player character models and improved models in general
- Build and upgrade your own Garrison (character specific housing and more)
- Account-wide heirlooms, toys, and eventually Tabards will not take bag space
- Class-specific perks
New capital cities
- Ashran Island - constantly evolving objectives, off of the north east coast of Tanaan Jungle.
- Trial of the Gladiator - similar to the Arena Tournament realm, offers equal footing from the start.
- Fields of Farahlon - (known in Outland as Netherstorm) confirmed as later patch content.
In trailer narration
"When past and present collide, the fate of all worlds hangs in the balance." - The Prophet Velen
War...it is the lifeblood of this world. We are its children; soon, its masters. Ours is a legacy of conquest, the rising tide of blood and iron that will wash over this world and all others! Our bond is iron, our will unbreakable. Who will stand against us?
New character models
- Main article: Warlords of Draenor new character models
Warlords of Draenor includes new updates for the player models in World of Warcraft. They consist of more detailed textures and have more fluent animations and facial expressions. At BlizzCon 2013, it was announced that the Orcs, Gnomes and Dwarves were more or less done, with others on the way.
Dungeons and raids
There will be 7 new dungeons, 2 raids, and some world bosses at expansion launch.
- New dungeons
- Bloodmaul Slag Mines
- Grimrail Depot
- Shadowmoon Burial Grounds
- The Everbloom
- Iron Docks
- Classic updates
- New raids
- World bosses
- Drov the Ruiner
- Tarina the Ageless
- Players can now craft directly from the bank and stack size is increased. There is a new type placement specification. Quest items are now not stored in bags.
- Raid difficulty
- 10-25-man scaling Raid Finder mode tries to fill full group, but will scale in difficulty if group size changes.
- Flexible mode effectively disappears as all modes except the hardest now work like it did.
- 10-25-man scaling Normal mode now works like Flexible mode with better drops than Raid Finder mode.
- 10/25-man scaling Heroic mode now works like Flexible mode with better drops than Normal mode.
- Fixed 20-man Mythic mode replaces 10/25-man Heroic mode.
The Dark Portal in the Blasted Lands has turned blood red. Hundreds of strange-looking orcs are violently pouring into Azeroth, killing everything that stands in their path. Nethergarde and Okril’lon have already fallen, and while the Horde and the Alliance moved as quickly as they could to get reinforcements to their people, they are too late. The Iron Horde invasion has begun.
In this desperate hour, King Wrynn and Warchief Vol’jin have called upon their greatest champions to join the front lines in the Blasted Lands and do whatever they can to stop the Iron Horde... before the rest of Azeroth falls before them.
Word of this surprise attack sends players rushing to the Blasted Lands to reckon with the barbarous infiltration. After the fall of a high ranking Iron Horde general named Gar’mak Bladetwist, you’ll report what you’ve witnessed in the Blasted Lands to King Wrynn or Warchief Vol’jin. It’s apparent to both the Horde and the Alliance that this is only the first salvo in a much larger conflict, and the only way to win is to take the fight directly to the Iron Horde . . . by journeying through the Dark Portal into Draenor.
Upper Blackrock Spire
An advance party of Iron Horde forces has barged right out of the Blasted Lands and pushed all the way to Blackrock Mountain, where they found refuge and supplies in Upper Blackrock Spire. There can be only one response: the Alliance and the Horde of Azeroth must face this iron incursion head on.
Available to level-90 characters for a limited time, this specially revamped five-player version of Upper Blackrock Spire sets the stage for the coming counterstrike against the Iron Horde. Here, you will face Orebender Gor'ashan, Kyrak, and Commander Tharbek as you begin to take the fight to the enemy and sharpen the skills (and swords) you’ll need to succeed on an unwelcoming alien world.
- Cut-scene Spoilers
- Pre-announcement speculation
- BlizzCon 2013
- Expansion 5
- Patch 6.0.0
- Warlords of Draenor portal
- Public client builds
- Warlords of Draenor: Alpha Patch Notes
- Warlords of Draenor - 6.0 Patch Note Preview
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Digital Deluxe Edition
- Warlords of Draenor pre-purchase
- Official press releases
- Official screenshots
- Official blog and forum posts
- Preliminary talent calculators