|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
World of Warcraft: Classic is characterized as a 'Vanilla' version of World of Warcraft currently in development by Blizzard Entertainment. It was announced at BlizzCon 2017. This version will feature original vanilla-like gameplay. On Jun 15, 2018, it was announced that development was underway. It was decided that the basis of World of Warcraft: Classic would be Patch 1.12: Drums of War. A BlizzCon 2018 panel will cover the philosophies guiding the recreation of a "Classic" experience, some of the technical challenges, and a full status update.
Playable demo at BlizzCon 2018 Edit
A playable demo version of World of Warcraft: Classic will be playable at BlizzCon 2018 as part of the floor demo and presumably via a downloadable client for Virtual Ticket buyers for a limited time (starting after opening ceremony Nov 2, 2018 until Nov 8, 2018). Build 28211 was released via Blizzard desktop app on November 2, 2018.
- ^ a b BlizzCon 2018 opening ceremony
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment 2018-06-15. Dev Watercooler: World of Warcraft Classic. World of Warcraft official game site.
- ^ a b c File:World of Warcraft - BlizzCon 2018 Preview
- ^ Dan O'Halloran 2018-09-26. WoW Classic demo will be playable at BlizzCon and at home. Blizzard Watch.
See also Edit
- Restoring History: Creating WoW Classic section of Pinkachu's BlizzCon 2018 blog
- Public client builds
- World of Warcraft