Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is the main editing guide for documenting WoW Macros in the Wiki. See Useful macros and User defined macros for lists of macros. See Slash commands for the list of macro commands. Please follow the instructions when editing.
This is an official WoWWiki editing and policy guide.
Formatting Macros Edit
- Note: Commands for some of the older macros have been modified significantly. Where possible, please validate and mark with last working patch or version number.
When editing a macro on the Wiki please:
- name it, describe what it does, and use a 'space' before each command for the 'code box'
- note the version of WoW that you tested it in
- if moving from another page, remove it from the old page
- follow this Macro formatting example:
==== Macro Name ==== /y Hooray, I made a macro! * Use: This yells, "Hooray, I made a macro!" * Works in 5.4.2
- which creates:
Macro Name Edit
/y Hooray, I made a macro!
- Use: This yells, "Hooray, I made a macro!"
- Works in 5.4.2
More Examples Edit
Other useful examples of formatted Macros.
Mount O Fish Edit
/cast [nocombat,equipped:fishing pole]Fishing;[nocombat,flyable]Ebon Gryphon;[nocombat,noflyable]Swift Stormsaber /cast [nocombat,Vashj'ir,swimming]Abyssal Seahorse
- Use: To Fish or Mount up.
- Notes: A one button macro for flying, swimming, or running mount. If equipped with a fishing pole, the same bound button will fish for you.
- Please write in whatever mounts you prefer to ride upon.
- Works in 4.0.6
Fish with Specific Pole Edit
/equip Big Iron Fishing Pole /use 4 4
- Use: equip fishing pole, then with second click it will attach a lure that you have in your 5th bag top right corner.
- Notes: If you have a 22 slot bag: /use 4 2. You can also write in the name of your favorite lure in place of 4 2, and place the lure anywhere, or use a fishing trinket.
- Works great in 5.4.2