|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Warlords of Draenor opened the Dark Portal.
Windfury Weapon is a shaman ability learned at level 30 for those with the enhancement specialization. It gives a chance for hits to grant three extra attacks coupled with bonus attack power. The weapon enchantment itself lasts for one hour.
Modified by Edit
- It is suggested to have Windfury enchanted for mainhand and another enchant (like ) on the off-hand. This is because if Windfury procs on one weapon, it will not proc off the other at the same time, potentially "wasting" proc opportunities. Slower weapons are preferred.
- Windfury procs can trigger permanent weapon enchantment effects.
- Windfury procs that crit will also trigger , but Windfury procs themselves do not consume Flurry. This means that after getting a high crit chance, one could have a never-ending Flurry buff, as unlikely as these situations are.
- For PvP situations, Windfury mainhand might be paired with to slow enemies.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): The Windfury Weapon proc can now trigger 3 additional attacks, up from 2.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This enchantment can no longer be triggered while you are disarmed.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Mixing two different ranks of "Windfury Weapon" while dual-wielding will no longer increase the number of "Windfury Weapon" procs.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Windfury Weapon and Rockbiter Weapon enchantments will only benefit the weapon with the enchantment on it.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Mana cost reduced. Attack power bonus of Windfury Weapon reduced by 50%
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug that caused an additional attack beyond what was intended. In addition, fixed a bug that caused the next normal melee attack to happen sooner than intended.
See also Edit