|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Water Shield is a core shaman ability learned at level 20. The spell passively replenishes mana, and when taking damage, it restores additional mana to the shaman. Water Shield can only proc every few seconds lasts an hour.
- Being an elemental shield, Water Shield cannot be used at the same time as or . It is possible to use Water Shield or Lightning Shield on yourself while Earth Shield is up on another target.
- The proc cooldown is three seconds. The mana regeneration provided functions like MP5, thus is not affected by the five second rule. This regeneration stacks with all other mana-regeneration effects.
- Since it costs no mana and provides passive regeneration, Water Shield should be up whenever you aren't using Lightning Shield or Earth Shield. It is a good practice for Elemental and Restoration shamans to make sure Water Shield is always active.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Added as a new ability for The Burning Crusade.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Mana cost removed. Mana gained per orb doubled. Duration reduced from 10 minutes to 1 minute. At the end of the duration, mana is gained for each remaining globe.
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Duration back to 10 minutes. No longer grants mana when expiring. Now provides passive mana regeneration instead.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Ranks 1-6 added, making the spell trainable at level 20. The spell was previously not available until level 62.