Water Shield is a shaman ability learned at level 20 for those with the Restoration specialization. The spell passively replenishes mana, and when taking damage, it restores additional mana to the shaman. Water Shield can only proc every few seconds and lasts an hour.
Modified by Edit
- Being an elemental shield, Water Shield cannot be used at the same time as . It is possible to use Water Shield on yourself while Earth Shield is up on another target.
- The proc cooldown is three seconds. The mana regeneration provided functions like MP5, thus is not affected by the five second rule. This regeneration stacks with all other mana-regeneration effects.
- Since it costs no mana and provides passive regeneration, Water Shield should be up whenever you aren't using Earth Shield.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Water Shield is now available only to Restoration Shaman, and replaces Lightning Shield.; Water Shield now only triggers from melee attacks.; Water Shield now persists through death.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Lightning Shield and Water Shield can no longer be dispelled.; Water Shield has had its internal cooldown reduced to 3.5 seconds, once again matching other shields. The amount of mana restored when Water Shield procs has been reduced by 50%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): New ranks have been added of Water Shield, starting at level 20. (Level 20, 27, 34, 41, 48, 55, 62, 69)
- Patch 2.3.2 (2008-01-08): Water Shield now restores mana periodically regardless of how many charges remain. Duration increased to 10 minutes.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This spell no longer costs any mana to cast and its duration has been shortened. At the end of its duration, it now grants mana for any remaining globes. In addition, the mana granted per globe has beenn substantially increased.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): When a Shaman with this spell active is afflicted with Cyclone, the charge burned will now grant mana.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The shaman abilities "Water Shield" and "Earth Shield" can no longer be over written by lower ranks.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Added as a new ability for The Burning Crusade.