You get one of these by clicking (when the gear pointer appears) the the large, half water barrels in each of the towns where the appears. As of Legion, this is no longer an item in your inventory, but all the other effects apply.
You get one either by having one tossed to you (same sort of mechanics as the Heavy Leather Ball), or by clicking on a water barrel.
This is primarily used to try to put out the fires at inns during the Hallow's End event.
- As of Legion, this is no longer an item in your inventory, but you'll know you can throw it by a heads-up control in the middle of the screen to click.
- This change actually slows down throwing water buckets, because you need to click a button that you can't assign a key shortcut for, unlike the previous item version which you could drag into your command bar.
- Once you click the large, half water barrel your character will show a water bucket equipped as an off-hand item.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.1.0 (25-Oct-2016): No longer an item, now a heads-up control. No longer able to place in a command bar.
- Patch 2.2.2 (2007-10-02): Added.