|Race||Fel orc (Humanoid)|
|Level|| 62 Elite (Normal)|
72 Elite (Heroic)
|Health|| 33,381 (Normal)|
|Position||Hellfire Citadel Ramparts Watch Leader|
72 Elite (Heroic) NPCs]]
- Mortal Wound: Inflicts 150% weapon damage to an enemy and leaves it wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 5% for 20 sec. 10% on Heroic; stacks up to 10 times
- Overpower: Instantly overpowers an enemy, causing weapon damage plus 30. Can only be used after the target dodges. Overpower cannot be blocked, dodged, or parried.
- Retaliation: Instantly counterattack any enemy that strikes you in melee for 15 sec. Melee attacks made from behind cannot be counterattacked. Begins using at 30%
- Surge: Charges an enemy, inflicting damage to the target and any of its nearby allies, as well as knocking them all back.
This is fight is easy as fuck. Gargolmar patrols back and forth with two healer guards, Hellfire Watchers, so clear the groups near the end of his patrol path closest to you; if you can handle them, you shouldn't have any problems beating him.
Any combination of CCing the adds and kill order will work; the only things to consider are the heals from the Watchers, managing his charge, and the debuff that occurs in Heroic mode. It should be noted that priests can MC the Watchers (Heal, Renew and Shadow Word: Pain), perhaps using them to absorb Gargolmar's charges. Unfortunately, the healing spells have a cooldown of about 20 secs, so it won't be of much help healing the tank.
Increased damage from Surge, but still not very high. Mortal Wounds now reduces healing by 10% a stack (up from 5% on Normal).
- Do you smell that? Fresh meat has somehow breached our citadel. Be wary of any intruders.
- This may hurt a little...
- What have we here?
- I'm going to enjoy this...
- Back off, pup!
- 40% Health
- Heal me, quickly!
- Killing a player
- Say farewell!
- Much too easy...
- Laughing, passing into dying sounds.
- Gargolmar's quote "Back off, pup!" could be a reference to the Shaman unit in Warcraft III, where one of the 'Pissed' quotes is the exact same line.
- Gargolmar has blades for hands, very similar to Warchief Kargath Bladefist.
- Gargolmar's name may be a reference to the Smurfs villain Gargamel.