|(requires 425 inscription skill)|
|T:#||Learned from a trainer with # Inscription skill|
|M:#||Minor Inscription Research (requires # Inscription skill)|
|N||Northrend Inscription Research (requires 385 Inscription skill)|
|V:#||Vendor (requires # Inscription skill)|
Current glyphs Edit
Glyphs are for all specs unless otherwise noted.
Pre-Mists of Pandaria Edit
Common Glyph selections and utility Edit
Protection (PvE Tanking) Edit
The type of tanking you do determines the type of glyphs you choose. Glyph of Blocking is generally considered the most significant.
- This is a highly-recommended glyph. 10% more damage blocked and more free threat on your most frequently-used ability makes this glyph an absolute must.
- Very handy for AoE tanking, applying sunders to mobs without having to swap targets.
- Used alone, this glyph is useful for single-target tanking, however if combined with Glyph of Sunder Armor, your Devastate ability will apply two stacks of Sunder Armor to your current target, as well as one to a secondary target. Again, very handy for AoE tanking.
- Boosts DPS by giving you a free Heroic Strike, letting that Rage be spent elsewhere.
- When paired with the glyph above, a great way to generate extra Rage.
- Properly specced, Thunder Clap is a mere 8 Rage.
- A free 20 Rage every minute lets you pull out some more tricks without loss of HP.
- For AoE Tanking.
- Increases Commanding Shout by 2 minutes.
Revenge and Heroic Strike glyphs are more suited for main tanks on raid-boss fights, while Sunder and Cleaving are better suited for trash clearing and heroic 5-man dungeons.
Arms (PvE DPS) Edit
Arms (PvP) Edit
Dependent on your talents however, you could also use:
As only gives 10% increased damage, this 10% could prove to be less than an entire second Overpower.
Fury (PvE DPS) Edit
- Warrior Tanking Major Glyphs An overview of the Major Glyphs in relation to Warrior Tanking