- For the lore event of the same name see War of the Ancients. For the 5-man dungeon that this raid appears to have turned into, see Well of Eternity (instance).
War of the Ancients was the name of a speculated upcoming raid in the Caverns of Time, planned to be released some time during World of Warcraft: Cataclysm as part of the progression on to the fight against Deathwing. It was to feature a pre-Sundering Kalimdor, ten thousand years in the past, during the first invasion of the Burning Legion. With the release of official Patch 4.3 info, this raid appears to have been changed to a 5-man dungeon called Well of Eternity.
It was unknown if the instance would follow the events from Warcraft III's manual or the novel. While mostly similar, they do have key differences; such as the presence of time travelling Rhonin, Krasus, and Brox in the latter.
- It was thought that one of the bosses might be Azzinoth, the Doomguard with the blades later wielded by Illidan.
- ^ Kody 2010-06-13. Exclusive: Tom Chilton Dishes Details On Cataclysm. Retrieved on 2010-06-13.
See also Edit
- Patch 4.3.0
- War of the Ancients
War of the Ancients (instance)(NYI)
- War of the Ancients (novel account)
- War of the Ancients (WC3 account)
- War of the Ancients (WoW account)
- War of the Ancients Trilogy
- Well of Eternity (instance)