War Stomp is a Tauren racial that stuns up to 5 enemies within 8 yards of the player for two seconds. Although it has a 0.5 second cast and the stun duration is not that lengthy, it may still bide time for spellcasting. Unfortunately, normal attacks will not trigger while a target is stunned on account of this ability, though special abilities will (i.e. a Tauren warrior will land no normal attacks on the stunned target until War Stomp's effect has faded, but abilities such as Overpower and Slam will still work normally).
- At lower levels, War Stomp can help Tauren healers get a heal in.
- If you are close to your target, War Stomp can be used as a spell interruption ability.
Tips and tactics Edit
- If your enemy has no other movement-impairing effects on them, do not attempt to run from the fight after you War Stomp them. It will not last long enough and they will easily catch up to you after it wears off. Healing yourself or crowd controlling them is more ideal.
- Always put this ability on the ability bar; it can be very handy in PvP and PvE situations.
- Since the ability does not affect the global cooldown for a full 1.5 seconds, you can immediately cast a small heal after it if you are a healer.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.2 (1-Sep-2015): War Stomp now has a reduced cooldown of 1.5 minutes (down from 2 minutes), and cast time is no longer increased by damage (via spell pushback).
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): A bug causing war stomp to not affect some targets within melee range has been fixed.