Volkhan is a fire giant who is employed under the service of Loken inside the Halls of Lightning. Volkhan works many days and nights to create Golems to further the numbers of Lokens armies, until one day 5 champions of the Sons of Hodir slew the mighty fire smith and halt the production on more Golems for Lokens armies and eventually the mad titan watcher himself.
This is a fairly simple fight.
He hits the tank for medium damage. At every 20% of his health, he runs to his anvil and casts "Temper", which produces several molten golem adds. The adds do not hit hard but do cast Immolation. Instead of dying, they become "frozen."
Once he has cast Temper several times he will cast Shattering Stomp which causes the frozen golems to shatter for ~5k damage each. If the golems are stacked, the stomp can one-shot party members. However, Shattering Stomp has a cast time and is emoted, allowing players to move away from any frozen golems.
- It is you who have destroyed my children? You... shall... pay!
- Life from the lifelessness... death for you.
- Nothing is wasted in the process. You will see...
- I will crush you beneath my boots!
- All my work... undone!
- Killing a player
- The armies of iron will conquer all!
- Ha, pathetic!
- You have cost me too much work!
- The master was right... to be concerned.
His name is a reference to the Roman deity Vulcan, god of fire and weaponsmith of the gods.
Volkhan has the same voice actor as The Prophet Tharon'ja. Who that is, however, is a mystery.