Void Storage is an 80-slot storage function implemented in Patch 4.3, first revealed on the official Warcraft Facebook page. Players can access this storage mechanism by talking to ethereal vaultkeepers in Orgrimmar, Stormwind City, Pandaria (Shrine of Seven Stars or Shrine of Two Moons.) or Draenor (Stormshield - Alliance and Warspear - Horde.) in Ashran.
It was first expected to contain up to 100 to 150 slots, but unable to store items with enchants, gems, or reforged stats. A more fully fleshed out preview revealed that the number of slots would be 80; in addition to stripping all enchants and gems from items, items also have other enhancements removed, such as reforging and sockets. The feature was introduced in combination with Transmogrification so players now have a place to store their beloved armor sets for transmogrifying later.
To utilize the void storage feature players will need to visit one of the Ethereal Vaultkeepers in Orgrimmar, Stormwind City or the Pandaria faction hubs. The fee to unlock the Void Storage is 100. Once unlocked, players will have access to 80 slots.
- Players may place up to 9 items in the vault at once.
- Players may remove up to 9 items at once.
- There is no fee for removing items.
Types of items that can be stored Edit
- The storage space is per character, not per account.
- All enhancements on an item will be stripped. This includes:
- Tabards are able to be stored as long as they're soulbound.
- Non-soulbound items are not able to be stored as the void storage isn't intended to be used as a secondary bank.
- Items do not need to be stored in Void Storage to be used in Transmogrification.
Garrison EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
Players building their garrisons while on Draenor that desire access to void storage and transmogrification should consider building a level 3 Storehouse. The Storehouse is classified as a small building.
-  <Void Storage> in Shrine of Seven Stars, Vale of Eternal Blossoms
-  <Void Storage> in Shrine of Two Moons, Vale of Eternal Blossoms
-  <Void Storage> in Frostwall,† Frostfire Ridge
-  <Void Storage> in Lunarfall,† Shadowmoon Valley
-  <Void Storage> in Stormshield, Ashran
-  <Void Storage> in Warspear, Ashran
- † With a level 3 Storehouse.
NPC title Edit
<Void Storage> is also the NPC title for NPCs that give access to the Void Storage UI.
- ^ Adam Holisky 2011-08-17. More details emerge on Void Storage -- 100 to 150 slots of space. WoW Insider.
- ^ Brian Crecente 2011-08-17. World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Comes Full Circle; Deathwing Is Going Down. Kotaku.com.
- ^ a b c d e f Lylirra 2011-08-18. 4.3 Preview - Void Storage. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US). Retrieved on 2011-08-20.
- ^ Lylirra 2011-08-18. 4.3 Preview - Void Storage. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ Bashiok 2011-08-17. 4.3 Preview - Transmogrification. Official World of Warcraft Community site (US).
- ^ a b Lylirra 2011-08-19. #2 - Updated Void Storage and Bag Search Images. Official General Discussion forum (US).
Takralus 2011-08-22. Updated Void Storage and Bag Search Images. Official General forum (EU).
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Characters can now purchase an additional tab for Void Storage. That’s an extra 80 spaces!
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Void Storage added along with Transmogrification and Arcane Reforging.
See also Edit