Vault of Archavon is a raid dungeon found in Wintergrasp Keep. Players may only enter the dungeon while their faction controls Wintergrasp. Notably, all bosses in this instance grant honorable kills. 10 minutes before the battle for wintergrasp starts, any boss who is not currently in combat turns to stone and cannot be fought again until after the battle is over.
Encounters and lootEdit
The bosses of the Vault of Archavon drop a random assortment of gear in a similar style as classic World of Warcraft before the expansions. Class specific pieces can drop for both the PvE and PvP sets. The loot can be all PvP, PvE, or a mix of the two. The loot is completely random and is not impacted by the raid makeup, so it is advantageous to bring a variety of class/spec makeups to increase the likelihood that someone can actually use the drops.
It should be noted that the PvP gear cannot be disenchanted but the PvE can. It should also be noted that should a group to wipe, depending on how long it takes to get the group reassembled some members may be flagged for PvP while others are not. This is because the watchers are all PvP flagged, having all members manually flag will prevent members from accidentally not having certain buffs when the fights start.
|Boss||PvE||PvP (10 player)||PvP (25 player)||Emblems|
|Tier 7 (chest, hands, legs)||Hateful Gladiator (chest, hands, legs)||Deadly Gladiator (chest, hands, legs)||2|
|Tier 8 (chest, hands, legs)||Deadly Gladiator (back, feet, finger, hands, legs, neck, waist, wrist)||Furious Gladiator (back, feet, finger, hands, legs, neck, waist, wrist)||2|
|Tier 9 (hands, legs)||Furious Gladiator (back, feet, finger, hands, legs, neck, waist, wrist)||Relentless Gladiator (back, feet, finger, hands, legs, neck, waist, wrist)||2|
|Tier 10 (hands, legs)||Relentless Gladiator (back, feet, finger, hands, legs, neck, waist, wrist)||Wrathful Gladiator (back, feet, finger, hands, legs, neck, waist, wrist)||2|
The "Earth, Wind, and Fire" achievement is currently the most difficult achievement for this instance. Even though it only awards 10 and has no associated title reward, this was intentional according to a Blizzard official.
|10-player mode||25-player mode||Objective|
|Defeat Archavon the Stone Watcher.|
|Defeat Emalon the Storm Watcher. Added in patch 3.1|
|Defeat Koralon the Flame Watcher. Added in patch 3.2|
|Defeat Archavon the Stone Watcher, Emalon the Storm Watcher and Koralon the Flame Watcher within 60 seconds of each other. Added in patch 3.2|
|Defeat Toravon the Ice Watcher. Added in patch 3.3.2|
Dungeon denizens Edit
- Ice revenant added in patch 3.3.2
- Ice giant (one, ) added in patch 3.3.2
- Earth revenants (four, ) s
- Fire giant (one, ) added in patch 3.2
- Fire revenants (two, ) s
- Iron giant (one, ) added in patch 3.1
- Air revenants (two, ) (four, s ) s
- Stone giant (one, )
- Things to remember with the trash
- Melee DPS should run out before Whirl is cast or take very high damage.
- Ranged DPS should run out of cast Rock Falls.
- The offtank should taunt when the main tank has been Shield Crushed.
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-01-02): Toravon, the latest boss to join the Vault's giants and masters of the elements, is now accepting challengers in 10- and 25-player formats.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): was added.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): was added.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.