Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Vampiric Embrace is a priest ability learned at level 78 for those with the Shadow specialization. It heals both the priest and the party for 10% of the damage dealt via single-target shadow spells, split evenly among all recipients.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Vampiric Embrace now heals all party and raid members for 10% of damage done, and this healing is no longer split between targets (up from 75% of damage done, split between targets).
- Patch 5.3.0 (21-May-2013): Vampiric Embrace now has a healing cap of 15 raid members (up from 6) when used in a 25-player instance.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Now lasts until cancelled.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Healing to the caster has been reduced to 6%, down from 12% (there was a tooltip error which stated that the self-healing amount was 15%). Party members still receive 3% healing.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This ability now provides a 30-minute buff that cannot be dispelled, instead of a target debuff.
"VE is unlikely to work with ." (Source)
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Duration increased to 5 minutes, up from 1 minute. PvP duration is now 60 seconds. Cooldown removed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Mana cost of this spell has been removed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): (Undocumented) Vampiric Embrace heal of party members reduced 80% from 15% (base) to 3% (base).
- Patch 2.0.10 (2007-03-06): The base healing percent from "Vampiric Embrace" has been reduced to 15% from 20%. In addition, this ability can no longer get critical heals.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): This ability will no longer heal for damage caused when the target had no life remaining.
- Patch 1.10.0 (28-Mar-2006): Damage resisted by the target will no longer be counted as damage caused for the purposes of the healing from this ability.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Now heals 20% of the damage actually caused (including critical hits, buffs etc...) but now only heals when shadow spells cause the damage.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Health leech effects no longer give you health while you are a ghost.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Active icon tooltip rewritten to be more clear.