|This is an archive of User talk:Ragestorm.
Rumored Cast Edit
- I'd prefer not to use the word "rumored," because right now, all we have are our own suggesstions as to who we'd like to see, and no rumors about actors (or screenplay, or anything) are really out their right now. But yeah, that's the sort of thing I meant. We'd have to have a Bold Disclaimer clearly stating that these are personal opinions, and not based on any actual rumors. --Ragestorm 10:54, 30 August 2006 (EDT)
- Yep, that's great. Should we organize by actor, or role? --Ragestorm 12:25, 30 August 2006 (EDT)
- Role (can't say why, but seems better to me).--Kirochi 12:56, 30 August 2006 (EDT)
- Then let the games begin! --Ragestorm 13:00, 30 August 2006 (EDT)
Sorry for the little mess I did with that page, I wrote on the fly... However my idea is somethink like that while Thrall acquires his shamanistic powers, Medivh with the help of the shamanistic spirits teach him about his ancestors, their errors and what to do to free his people. I tough a movie that should begin with an attack to an Internment Camp (I tough somethink like "The sands of time have run out, son of Durotan... You know? :) )and ends with the Death of Mannoroth. Cairne is in the history because he took part to the freeing of Grom from demonic influence. What about? You can post my idea by yourself If you want. Now I'm going to sleep (I come from Italy...) --N'Nanz 00:25, 7 September 2006
- Why would the movie end there??? There is still the battle of hyjal to take place and thats really big,bigger than mannoroth's death. Maybe the warcraft movie will be a 4 hour lotr epic....lets just hope uwe boll has nothing to do with it.-Hammerdin
- I don't think the movie would end there, of course... But it may be a sort of first act, just as I wrote in the article. Go and see by yourself. The Battle of Hyjal should be another act. Surely after the events of the forming of the scourge, and the destruction of Dalaran. It should be a trilogy (like lord of the rings)or more (Star wars it's a...sixlogy). There are a lot of think to work on, that's for certain and I think every act will be a 4 hour lotr epic (what's the exact meaning of this?) --N'Nanz 18:08, 11 September 1006
- LotR epic :P Lord of the Rings overlong epic movie.
- Personally I don't think the movie'll be based on anithing that's been treated first. If they do a movie, they'll tell something that was never seen before. It maybe won't be about the Eredar/Draenei story because : 1) Christie Golden is already writing it and 2) George Lucas' already done it. For me it'll be something about the next expansion (Great Sea or Northrend, although the latter is not evident)--Kirochi 15:34, 11 September 2006 (EDT)
- I'm partial to the First War, myself (a wider view, not just the one from The Last Guardian). Although, just about anything would do. I don't think they should just make something new up- they should show something that's been addressed, but needed specifics or confirmation. As for the Eredar/Draenei tale, they should only do it if Golden doesn't set some scenes on Argus. Personally, I can't wait until she finishes- that book will have the same impact on Warcraft as HP did on fantasy (hopefully more positive). --Ragestorm 17:16, 11 September 2006 (EDT)
Little help with my page? Edit
hiya m8y, just wondered if i could get a little help with some wiki-editing! im trying to create a page here for my guild however im having trouble with the table. Ive tried looking at table help but im getting myself all confused! My Guild as you can see if got a table template there but how do i go about getting the little images in race & class to work? Would appriciate advice from anyone on this :) ill keep an eye on this talk page, my own talk page and the guild talk page for a response. Many thanks. - Diggory (T) - 24/09/06 15.10 GMT
book keeper specialisation request Edit
hiya rage, just wondered if it would be possible for me to change what lore I look after for the bookkeepers? If not change then do something additional to my current area? The thing thats been interesting me lately is the lore behind different classes so i wondered if i could look after that? For example I started and contributed to a much more informative lore page of the warrior class as it was lacking content. What so ya think? Cheers m8y -- Diggory (Talk) 24/09/06 15:30 GMT
Lore infoboxes Edit
Great work on them btw :) Little reminder - make sure the box doesn't push text on the left down the page when it tries to align with images below the infobox - it happened on a few on them (just sorted them). -- (talk) 17:08, 12 October 2006 (EDT)
- Reminded. Now I need to tackle succession boxes...--Ragestorm 17:11, 12 October 2006 (EDT)
- Great tool ! Can I use it freely ?-- (talk) 03:29, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
What, the boxes? Your're a Bookkeeper, aren't you? I'm bound to miss characters on my own, get moving! :-)--Ragestorm 09:29, 13 October 2006 (EDT)
- New kinds of infoboxes, new fun, new bookkeeping ahead !-- (talk) 04:14, 1 November 2006 (EST)
- Succession boxes and the Bookkeeper's Charter: coming soon!--Ragestorm 11:26, 1 November 2006 (EST)
Why do people keep messing around with the languages? Blood Elves were changes back to Sindassi instead of Thalassian, and Draenei were just changed back to Eredun instead of Draenei. Do I need to snag screenies from Beta and upload them so people can see? Blood Elves speak Thalassian and Orcish. Draenei speak Draenei and Common. ~~ Silvermist
- languages weren't in the Raceboxes before, I added them moments ago. If it's in the Beta as Thalassian and Draenei, you're more than welcome to change it, though I'd reccommend waiting until the general release, as Betas have a nasty habit of changing. Please remember that a tiny number of us are Beta testers, so yes, a screenshot would be the deciding factor. --Ragestorm 19:19, 2 November 2006 (EST)
- In my defense, I have not touched any references to Sindassi vs. Thalassian. I was unaware of any change, so I infoboxed according to the information I had. First time I've fiddled with language (here, anyways) in over a month.
- Thanks for the heads-up, Gryph, but I'm way ahead of you- I've finally begun purging all of this WotA doubt! I'm espacially pleased that I've been right about Elune all this time.--Ragestorm 19:25, 2 November 2006 (EST)
Have a look at Draenei and BloodE, now.--Ragestorm 19:28, 2 November 2006 (EST)
Beta Testing :'( Edit
Sorry to post this there, but I figured that you had relied on me for the BC beta : something went very wrong and I won't be able to play BC ... Let's say until I find another "one" (won't say what "one" means, hope you'll get it). I'm awfully sorry, I can't tell whether or not I'll be able to achieve what I promised ...-- (talk) 16:34, 4 November 2006 (EST)
- Don't worry about it. :-). No idea what you're talking about it, but there are enough Betas feeding information there without you having to concern yourself. I know how technolgoy can let us down, particularly for those who neglect to use Macs (three guesses as to where my IT loyalties lie :-P). No, what I need now is my majordomo- so stop worrying about the beta and give me your opinion on the Succession box I drafted (at the bottom of Archimonde). Kirkburn hasn't responded to me, but he's been receptive to us in the past, so I just need a second opinion before transplantation. It;s not in the form of a template, but a specific table. --Ragestorm 16:55, 4 November 2006 (EST)
- All right then. But I think you haven't checked my talk page, as you're asking me something I've already answered there ;-) (click on the small link on my sig)-- (talk) 17:08, 4 November 2006 (EST)
Other sources Edit
- Fine by me. Several of the CMs said the NDA-lifting was retroactive (i.e. also applied to the alpha), so go ahead. As long as they're good quality of course :) Preferably pics without UI/player character elements too, of course -- (talk) 11:24, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- Use the same guideline as for beta pics: don't rely too heavily, 'cause you never know what might change. --Ragestorm 16:48, 5 November 2006 (EST)
Succession boxes! Edit
How about this code from User:Kirkburn/Dev for them? It's much, much less 'hacky', I think. :)
Removed oooold code ;)
-- (talk) 11:47, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- And that, boss-bot, is why you are the admin! :-D--Ragestorm 12:32, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- Rawr :P -- (talk) 13:23, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- Okay, I'm going to be really annoying now and say I've made it into a template ...
| Preceded by:|
| Succeeded by:|
- Feel free to shoot me for giving you yet more work =) Might make it easier in the long term with this method?
Obviously it would have to be moved to a better name firstDone. Does the entry style work for you - 1 and 3 are made into links, and 2 is for the plain text 'position'. -- (talk) 17:05, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- Feel free to shoot me for giving you yet more work =) Might make it easier in the long term with this method?
- Entry style is definetly better, so in the long run, this is much better. As for Re-re-re-transplantation, it would be a lot easier, but I've been cursed with Bookkeepers who are constantly AWOL. Not, of course, that I'm implying they need permission to lead lives, but the health of an entire lore category cannot always be maintained by two of us. Such is the price we pay... oh, well. Since this won't lead to a Diana-type PR disaster, I'll deal with it. :-)--Ragestorm 17:24, 5 November 2006 (EST)
- Having tried it out a little, I turned off autolinking for the 1 and 3 links, so they can be edited more easily. Also, it means 'Incumbent' doesn't auto-link :) -- (talk) 13:19, 6 November 2006 (EST)
- Excellent. If this is the final, I'll start transplanting. If not...--Ragestorm 17:18, 6 November 2006 (EST)
- Should be good to go, I reckon :) -- (talk) 18:03, 6 November 2006 (EST)
Long time no see, Ragestorm Edit
Recently I updated some of the articles with fresh TBC information, like Nat Pagle. Could you accept me in now? My recent contributions:
17:20, 5 November 2006 (hist) (diff) Nat Pagle (top) /
10:40, 4 November 2006 (hist) (diff) Herod (→Lore) / 08:24, 2 November 2006 (hist) (diff) Magtheridon / 08:24, 2 November 2006 (hist) (diff) Magtheridon / 04:30, 1 November 2006 (hist) (diff) Netherstorm / 04:27, 1 November 2006 (hist) (diff) Ethereal (top) / 07:29, 30 October 2006 (hist) (diff) Magtheridon / 07:20, 30 October 2006 (hist) (diff) Auchindoun (→Lore) / 07:15, 30 October 2006 (hist) (diff) Magtheridon (→Story) / 04:56, 27 October 2006 (hist) (diff) Lord Kazzak / 11:25, 24 October 2006 (hist) (diff) m Shredder (top)/
Would be very obliged if you could inform me. Didigo10
- If you'd like to be one of our BC informers, that would be great- we always need new sources to check and make sure we're doing things right. However, we have been instructed by the admins not to accept any new members for the forseeable future, so I cannot offer you admission. Part of the reason for this is the need for a finalization on certain issues, certain reevaluations to perform in various fields, seeing how the new Warcraft Encyclopedia will affect us, etc. It's all very beaureucratic, but I'd like to think we'll come out of it a little more streamlined.
- In the meantime, keep contributing, avoid some of the more rancid speculation, make sure our BC info is good. --Ragestorm 09:45, 7 November 2006 (EST)