|Welcome to WoWWiki!|
Some links you may find useful:
We hope you enjoy editing here and being a WoWWikian!
Sleeping Giants Edit
- Hmmm, it's not the linear continuation of the quest itself, but as you agree a sidestep, and I tried to display it as such, trying to mimick the style used also for e.g. the unlocking of Valgarde quests at the beginning of Howling Fjord. Another motivation for the change was that while planning my own quests in the area, I expected to need 3 round-trips to Gjalerbron, which clearly isn't the case -- with only 2 roundtrips one can complete all quests there. Qurai (talk) 10:53, 14 April 2009 (UTC)
- Details like needing 3 (2) round trips is a good addition to notes on a quest chain page. That chain is on the low end of what I have been writing chain pages for, but that's no restriction on you, certainly. Care to flesh out a chain page for it? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 18:47, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
Quest: Basic Training Edit
My point in this is that "the story continues (with this other chain)". On a quest chain page (when/if I get around to it), I would make them separate chapters, and note in the intro that yes, they were unlinked as you say. Do you have a better thought on expressing that relationship? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 16:28, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- And yes, entirely possible that I have overlooked something in haste. I do that, you know. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 16:30, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
- Funny, this depends entirely on your point of view... Do you view a chain as a logical set of steps to complete in order, possibly the most efficient one? In that case it's basically two chains instead of one. Or do you view it as a story? Since in that case (lore-wise), indeed it's only one chain. For one reason or another Blizzard made it so that you can get the fragment that starts Puzzling before you're on Cracking the Code, so in my mind it's 2 chains. But if you read the quest text closely it's better to complete all quests as a single in-order chain. Your call :) -- Qurai (talk) 12:00, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Connecting quests Edit
I'll take a look at it, certainly. Mostly, it'll be by what I remember, which means that the horde side will be given short shrift. And mind, connecting quests are seldom 'required'. ... but that some ARE required... (Myself, I have to look up what gets you your "in" with the Tuskarr in HF...) --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 21:55, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- one description
Looking for a rational way to describe what quests send you where, and when:
- From: - arrive by boat
- sends you to the farshire mines, just outside of the keep.
- sends you to Kaskala and then to the Wailing Ziggurat and the Temple City of En'kilah.
- sends you to Fizzcrank Airstrip
- sends you to Amber Ledge. Amber Ledge, in turn, sends you to Coldarra Crater (the Transitus Shield).
- sends you to Riplash Strand
- Sent here after chain.
- Chains: , ,
- sends you to Winterfin Retreat
Warsong Hold ... Presumably sends you to Kaskala, Taunka'Le Village, and Amber Ledge
- Sent here (presumably) from Warsong Hold
- While you aren't directed here, you MAY stumble across this area going from Warsong Hold or Valiance Keep to Kaskala by road. ... too bad you don't know where Kaskala is automatically, eh?
- You are not directed here, but you will pass it on the way to Amber Ledge (which you ARE directed to).
- Another: Traversing Borean Tundra
- Alliance: - Fresh off the boat
Completing the other major quest chain (starting with ) will provide you with quest links to Farshire (close) and Fizzcrank Airstrip (far). Yet another quest chain will send you to Kaskala (with its own several quests), Death's Watch, and Temple City of En'kilah.
Yet another quest available after the Enlistment Day chain sends you to Amber Ledge, from which you will pass on to Coldarra. Traveling by road to Amber Ledge, you should encounter both the D.E.H.T.A. Encampment and the Coldrock Quarry, though no quests introduce you to the NPCs at either place.
- Horde: recovering from the ride
Starting from Warsong Hold...
- Valiance Keep
- Riplash Strand
- Fizzcrank Airstrip
- Winterfin Retreat
- Death's Stand, Temple of xxx
- Amber Ledge