|Hello, Eruantien, and welcome to the WoWWiki! Thank you for your contributions, and we encourage you to continue contributing!
Some useful notes:
I hope you enjoy editing here and being a WoWWikian! Please sign your name on talk pages using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. If you have any questions, just ask on the relevant talk page, or visit the WoWWiki Forums.
Item set duplicates Edit
- Gladiator set vs Season 1 Arena rewards
- Merciless Gladiator Set vs Season 2 Arena rewards
- Vengeful Gladiator Set vs Season 3 Arena rewards
Now, I have made the former to a redirect to the latter, and reverted back to my version on Armor set, so I ask you why you made the former article? They are duplicates of the latter article.--User:Gourra/Sig2 18:06, 5 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well they are not duplicates, since the Sets are only a part of the season rewards. And because the armor set page is only about armor sets, I made the sets seperate pages.
- So its just that (Sets vs all rewards). Hope you see the difference - of course, the sets are part of the rewards, but to like just to the rewards is not really fitting. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Eruantien (talk · contr).
Two things Edit
- this page should be located at Brutal Gladiator's (druid), or possibly Brutal Gladiator's set (druid), due to both lower case rules, as well as the fact that the word "druid" is not part of the actual name (neither is set, so possibly go with Brutal Gladiator's (druid set).)
- Ok, but the battlegear already has the "Battlegear <Class>"-Pagenames for Classes with several sets. I think I keep it like this, or we can change all the other pages.
- The category pages you've been making should have lower case words and not upper case, unless the word is a proper noun. For example, "Category:Dungeon_Set_1_Armor_Sets" should probably be "Category:Dungeon set 1 items". Yay for set cleaners =) --Sky (t · c · w) 19:31, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Well the most of the categories already existed (Dungeon set, all Tier sets etc), I just thought "ok, that must be the convention", but ok I'll use the lower case. Sorry =).
Category Parameters vs Set names Edit
I think you are missunderstanding names (aliases) vs paramaters (when it comes to categories). If I use the
| in a page link it will show the aliase after that line aka
[[User:Eruantien|Eruantien]] will show as Eruantien, but on a category that is now how it works:
[[Category:Arena rewards: Season 1| Name]] or Category:Arena rewards: Season 1 causes the article name to appear in the category into a Group order based on the
Season 1 notice there is a space to make it appear 1st. Click on the this link Category:World of Warcraft armor item setsa nd see how they are grouped. Useing Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, etc makes them in season order ( not name <alpha> order ) so as to mach the Dungeon sets and Tier sets. -- ( | | ) 19:20, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- Doing it your way means everyone will have to look at each Gladiator set to know which set is the better set. Most (not all I agree) do not care if it is called Brutal Gladiator, Merciless Gladiator, or even Relentless Gladiator set. They want to know what is the Most current (soon to be the Relentless Gladiator set) and you can not tell that by their names unless you are a avid Arena partaker. Most of us are not. If alphabezation was the issure then none of the sets would need the sorting paramater, they would go automaticaly into the category in alphabetical order, but WoWWiki decided to group them together, so they need to be in groups (Dungeon sets, raid Tier sets and Arena Gladiator sets) to keep the consistancy. -- ( | | ) 16:11, 29 August 2009 (UTC)
Warrior Sets Edit
Second question first: Dreadnaught Plate is a set that is restricted to warriors. Valorous Dreadnaught Plate is one example of it. Valorous Dreadnaught Breastplate is an item that satisfies the set. IMO, we need to separate the sets from the "this set gives these stats", given that several varieties of item satisfy the set bonus. My goal, then is:
- Category:Warrior armor sets = descriptions of sets restricted to warriors, or with bonuses only warriors may employ.
- Category:Warrior armor set items = items that satisfy those sets. Or, categories of items that satisfy those sets, with the items being put into the subcategories.
First question: the <includeonly>[[Category:Warrior Armor Set Items]]</includeonly> on the set tooltip puts the included pages into the category without the page itself being in the category. This allows us to change where the items for that set are placed, with only one edit. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 18:54, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Your opinion is desiredEdit
Hey, just wanted to solicit your opinion on whether WoWWiki should leave Wikia. Thanks! -- ( • ) 12:32, October 6, 2010 (UTC)