Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Many MMO players are tired of other games being constantly compared to World of Warcraft. But are they right? Mike Fahey of Kotaku thinks that such comparisons should be made.
- I am tired, very, very tired of people complaining about how MMOs are compared to WoW. There is a reason for it. It has now become the description of a genre. Like someone else mentioned, it defines the MMO at large. When you say MMO to someone they'll likely say WoW. Reverse time 8 years... or 9 years. What was the game that EVERYONE knew was an MMO? What defined the genre before WoW existed? Everquest. Same idea. Stop getting pissed off people when they compare one game to the next.
- Rift? Compared to WoW because they are similar. Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, all MMOs in r…
It hasn't been long since the release of Cataclysm, but Blizzard's latest trademark registration for Mists of Pandaria suggests that this might be the next World of Warcraft expansion.
As most Warcraft fans know, Pandaria is the homeland of the pandaren, an elusive race of panda people and their Pandaren Empire.
The pandaren are originally from central Kalimdor where they established the Pandaren Empire. They were allies of the night elves until they saw their obsession with magic getting out of control. The clans severed ties and left Kalimdor behind eventually establishing a new home on an island they named Pandaria. After the Sundering, some pandaren returned to the "new" Kalimdor to explore it. "Where once the pandaren were a mighty empire, sta…Read more >
Blizzard has announced that the new patch has been released, containing hotfixes for Cataclysm. Here's the list of changes:
- Flame Orb and Frostfire Orb no longer break any version of Polymorph.
- Righteous Fury is now unable to be dispelled.
- The Strength bonus from the Retribution version of Guardian of Ancient Kings now applies its bonus based on total Strength instead of just base Strength.
- Dungeons & Raids
- Bastion of Twilight
- It was sometimes possible for Arion to instantly Chain Lightning the targets affected by Lightning Rod, with no time for them to react. This has been corrected.
- If one of the three most distant targets from Ignacious was 20 or fewer yards away and Ignacious picked that target for Inferno Leap, the spell w…
- Bastion of Twilight
As you can see, WoWWiki now uses the wiki blog extension, for its news. To post news, now you can simply create a blog page, and add it to the appropriate news categories - e.g. December 2010 news, WoWWiki news, World of Warcraft news etc. The blog extension allows anyone not only to post news, but also comments.
Keep in mind that it's been decided that, unlike on some other Wikia wikis, only newsworthy blog pages can be posted at WoWWiki - that is, blogs will be treated more like articles than like an extension of user pages here. For more information, see this discussion.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them!Read more >
These three new wiki features have now been deemed optional, or opt-out and the WoWWiki community can decide whether to keep or remove them:
- Related pages
- Category galleries
- Image attribution
You can see an example of related page ("Read more") and image attribution at Project at Firewing Point. For an example of category galleries, see Category:Events.
Please leave your feedback on this forum page.Read more >