|World of Warcraft: Emerald Dream|
|Platforms||Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X|
World of Warcraft: Emerald Dream is the eighth World of Warcraft expansion and will be announced on 2020. The majority of the expansion content takes place in the Emerald Dream and centers around the plans of N'Zoth.
An ancient evil has laid imprisoned and asleep in the Rift of Aln, a vast, fissure that lies deep within the Emerald Dream and somewhere beneath Azeroth's oceans. N'Zoth, a malefic being that was sequestered by the Titans during primordial ages, has awakened from his slumber and plans to continue corrupting the Emerald Dream and consume everything in order to grow stronger.
Now, the Alliance and Horde must aid the druids of the Cenarion Circle in healing the Emerald Dream once again and save those that were corrupted from the Nightmare.
- Level cap raised to 140.
- New continental area: Emerald Dream, a vast, ever-changing realm, with five playable leveling zones (125-140) and faction-specific capitol areas.
- Two new playable races are available in the expansion: Faun and Night hag.
- A level 125 character upgrade—play immediately! Players will be able to instantly boost one character to level 125, which may be a pre-existing or a newly created character.
Among the many figures confirmed to have major roles in the story of Emerald Dream are:
- N'Zoth is the main antagonist of the expansion. He plans to corrupt and consume the Emerald Dream in order to break free and unleash darkness in the world of Azeroth. He will be the final boss in the expansion.
- Malfurion Stormrage leads the Cenarion Circle to the Emerald Dream after N'Zoth awakens from his sleep.
- Queen Azshara, a former ruler of the kaldorei, was corrupted by Sargeras and was became the Empress of Nazjatar — progenitor of the serpentine naga. While many of her kind have been abducted and transformed back into ordinary Night elves, Queen Azshara plans to consume Neptulon's powers in order to grow stronger. She will be the first boss in the expansion.
- Ysondre, freed from the Nightmare's taint, takes the mantle as leader of the Green Dragonflight after her exile. She has developed a powerful healing ritual that would cure those that were corrupted in the Emerald Dream and save them from the nightmare. She will be involved in many quests in the expansion.
- Hamuul Runetotem, an Archdruid of Thunder Bluff, aids Malfurion in healing the Emerald Dream from its corruption.
- Idrassil: a level 1-12 starting point for the Fauns.
- Tirisfal Grove: a level 1-12 starting point of the Night hags.
Eye of the MaelstromEdit
- Main article: Eye (Maelstrom)
The Eye of the Maelstrom is a new leveled 55-58 zone that is set to appear in the expansion.
- Main article: Emerald Dream
The expansion introduced a new zone called the Emerald Dream, a vast , ever-changing spirit world, that exists outside the boundaries of the physical world, and is the verdant realm of the Dragon Aspect Ysera.
Five of the Great Trees already exist in the world of Azeroth, with swirling green portals in front which are the entrances to the mystical realm of the Emerald Dream. The portals will be accessible to playable druids and non-druids when they step into the swirling portals in the Twilight Grove (Duskwood), Dream Bough (Feralas), Seradane (Hinterlands), Bough Shadow (Ashenvale) and The Great Tree (Crystalsong Forest). Players must reach at level 120 in order to enter. Blizzard has also added a new high level druid spell to port them directly to the Dream itself from anywhere.
Flying mounts are also usable in the Emerald Dream.
Five high-leveled zones are introduced in the Emerald Dream:
- Titanic Valley: a 125-127 high leveled zone which is the starting point for all players. It is the land place where a group of Titanic watchers had settled.
- Emerald Forest: a 127-129 high leveled zone where the Cenarion Circle establish. The main capital that lies in the heart is Daral'nir.
- Eye of Ysera: a 129-131 high leveled zone which is the main base of the green dragonflight led by Ysera.
- Main article: Faun
- Main article: Night hag
Factions and organizationsEdit
- Blue Mantaxx: a faction of blue-colored Mantaxx that will be aligned with the Alliance.
- Lynx tribe: a tribe of Lamia that were lost in the Emerald Dream.
- Zoth Cult: the main antagonist faction of Emerald Dream. It is a union of Coal goblins, Dark elves, and Shadow satyrs that worship the Old God N'Zoth.
- Red Mantaxx: a faction of red-colored Mantaxx that will be aligned with the Horde.
- Silverline tribe: a tribe of Girallons that were lost in the Emerald Dream.
- Cenarion Circle: an organization of druids, consisting of tauren, troll, night elf, and worgen, named after Cenarius.
- Druids of the Scythe: a sect of druids who advocated the use of the Pack Form during the War of the Satyr. Malfurion Stormrage had them all banished to the pocket dimension of the Emerald Dream, where they be in peaceful slumber for all eternity. Sometime after the Dream was falling into corruption, all of the Druids, led by Gaedrin Moonfang, awakened from their slumber and had to protect Daral'nir from falling into corruption.
- Green Dragonflight: returns for a special role in the expansion.
- Green Mantaxx: a faction of green-colored Mantaxx that live within the Emerald Dream.