World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is the upcoming third expansion for World of Warcraft. It was announced on August 21, 2009 at Blizzcon 2009. The majority of the expansion takes palce in the redesigned Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. It includes two new palyable races, Worgens and Goblins. The level cap is 85. Flying mounts will finally be usable in Azeroth, pertaining to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. The main antagonist is Deathwing the Black Dragon Aspect.
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm will be released in Late 2010.
The Blizzard Friends and Family Alpha began on May 3, 2010.
The Closed Beta began June, 30, 2010.
From official site:
An Ancient evil lies dormant within Deepholm, the domain of Earth in the Elemental Plane. Hidden away in his secluded sanctuary Deathwing the corrupted Dragon Aspect is recovering from his last battle. Deathwing returns...
Info revealed at Blizzcon 2009Edit
- Level cap increased to 85
- Zones drastically changed by the Cataclysm.
- New races!
- Alliance race is the Worgen
- Horde race is the Goblin
- New race/Class combos, see real World of Warcraft: Cataclysm page for more info regarding this
- New monsters, quests and zones
- Several new dungeons and raids.
- 3 new Battlegrounds
- New Wintergrasp-like zone
- Flying Mounts in Azeroth
- Guild advancement
- Revamped character progression, Path of the Titans
- New Armor crafting profession skill called Reforging
- Armor-related stats removed such as Spell Power
- New water rendering engine (better water graphics)
- 10-25 man raids wil share ID
- Only 4 badges in Cataclysm
- Higher profession skill named Illustrious (525 cap)
- Deathwing-Main antagonist, Black Dragon Aspect.
- Thrall-Lots of work to do after Cataclysm.
- Garrosh Hellscream-New leader of the Horde.
- Varian Wrynn- Continues to lead Alliance after Cataclysm.
- Malfurion Stormrage-Returns from Emerald Dream to assist Nordrassil in Mount Hyjal.
- Brann Bronzebeard-Located in the new zone of Uldum.
- Genn Greymane- King of Gilneas, who helps Worgen players with the curse. He is also affected by the Curse.
- Nefarian-Deathwing's Son, appears in new dungeon known as Blackwing Descent.
- Ragnaros- Firelord who wants to burn down Nordrassil. Last seen in Molten Core.
- Harrison Jones-Will appear in Vashj'ir
- Sylvanas Windrunner-Pushes Forsaken forces farther into Gilneas. She wants a Forsaken port in northern Lordaeron (not the closed zone of Northern Lordaeron, if your confused)
- Vol'jin-Helps Darkspear Trolls reclaim their former island homeland of Echo Isles.
- Gelbin Mekkatorque-Helps Gnomeregan Exiles reclaim their former capital city of Gnomeregan.
- Cenarius-Possible return to Mount Hyjal to defend Nordrassil.
- Cairne Bloodhoof- Tragically is poisoned and killed after an honorable duel with Garrosh. His son, Baine Bloodhoof will lead the Tauren.
- Queen Azshara-Player will feature here presence. Unknown if she'll make an appearance until future expansion.
- Magni Bronzebeard- Turned to stone after contacting spirits.
- Guardians of Hyjal-New faction located in Mount Hyjal. They are their to help Nordrassil, and are members of the Cenarion Circle
- Bilgewater Port
- Wildhammer Clan-Help the Alliance in a new battleground.
- Dragonmaw Clan-Recently rejoined the Horde, Helping them in new battlegorund.
- Twilight Hammer-Main antagonist faction
New Zones in Cataclysm!
- Gilneas (1-15) Worgen starting zone
- Twilight Highlands (84-85)
- Tol Barad (84-85) Outdoor PVP Zone
- Deathwing Scar (??-??)
- Neutral Port (??-??)
- Kezan (1-5) Technically Goblin Starting Zone
- Lost Isles (1-15) Goblins' Official Starting Zone
- Vashj'ir (78-82) First underwater zone
- ' Maelstrom Entrance to Deepholm
- Deepholm (82-84) First underground zone