Formatting Macros Edit
- Note: Commands for some of the older macros have been modified significantly. Where possible, please validate and mark with last working patch or version number.
When editing a macro on the Wiki please:
- name it, describe what it does, and use a 'space' before each command for the 'code box'
- note the version of WoW that you tested it in
- if moving from another page, remove it from the old page
- follow this Macro formatting example:
==== Macro Name ==== /y Hooray, I made a macro! * Use: This yells, "Hooray, I made a macro!" * Works in 5.4.2
- which creates:
Macro Name Edit
/y Hooray, I made a macro!
- Use: This yells, "Hooray, I made a macro!"
- Works in 5.4.2
General Macros Edit
Shadowmeld > Stealth (Night Elf only)Edit
/cast Shadowmeld /cast Stealth
- This macro will use Shadowmeld and immediately go into Stealth. This makes Shadowmeld to another Vanish.
- This works only for Night Elves
- Shadowmeld no longer resets threat meters as of 3.2
Only viable in player versus player.
Stealth Eat MacroEdit
#showtooltip /cast *food here* /cast Stealth
- Eat while Stealthed.
- Works in 5.4.2
Stealth Cannabalize Macro (Undead only)Edit
#showtooltip Cannibalize /cast Cannibalize /cast Stealth
- Cannibalize while Stealthed.
- Works in 4.0.3a
Gouge or Prem + Cheapshot or Cheap Shot Edit
#showtooltip /cast [stealth] [stance:3] Premeditation; /cast [nostance] Gouge; [stance:2]Shadow Dance; Cheap Shot
- This macro takes into consideration your Shadow Dance ability.
- If you are non-stealthed. You will Gouge.
- If you go either Stealth or Shadow Dance, you will still be able to Cheap Shot.
- In stealth, you will be able to Premed+Cheap Shot.
- Comes in handy to those of us use to using a particular button for Cheap Shot, and wishing to continue using that button.
- If someone knows how to include the Premed to this during Shadow Dance. Please do. Or send me a tell.
Evasion/Combat Readiness MacroEdit
#showtooltip /castsequence reset=178 Evasion, Combat Readiness
- Casts Evasion
- If Evasion is on CD, casts Combat Readiness
Offhand weapon switching Edit
#showtooltip [mod] 0 16; 17 /equipslot 17 0 16
You might find yourself in a situation where you have two offhand weapons with the same name but different poisons on them and you want to switch between them quickly. Or perhaps you just want to alternate between two offhand weapons with just one hotkey.
- Keep your alternate dagger in the sixteenth slot (lower right corner) of your main (rightmost) backpack.
- The number 17 refers to your offhand weapon slot.
- #showtooltip makes the macro's icon and tooltip display the icon of the equipped weapon, or hold down a modifier key (say Alt) and it will display the icon of the weapon that's ready to be switched in.
- Works in 3.2.2
Multipurpose Hemorrhage/Kick/Shiv Edit
#showtooltip Hemorrhage /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /use 13 /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 /cast [modifier:alt] Kick /cast [modifier:shift] Shiv /cast Hemorrhage /stopmacro [help] [noexists] /cancelaura Blessing of Protection /startattack
- /use 13 and /use 14 are your trinket slots. (easier than typing the name of the trinket)
- Holding alt will Kick, and holding shift will Shiv.
- Additionally, if you are trying to attack a target with Blessing of Protection on you, it will be automatically taken off of you, to let you melee attack.
- I'd recommend binding it to your mouses up scrolling.
- Macro 1
#showtooltip marked for death /castsequence reset=4 Eviscerate, Marked for Death, Eviscerate
- Macro 2
#showtooltip Adrenaline Rush /cast Shadow Blades /cast Adrenaline Rush /use Prideful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest /use Virmen's Bite
- submitted by 188.8.131.52 on February 25, 2014 in wrong place. (not sure if valid)
Cloak of Shadows/Vanish Macros Edit
Gone and now back againEdit
#showtooltip /cast preparation /cast Cloak of Shadows /cast [nostealth,combat] Vanish
- This macro works similar to "new and improved steath,cos,vanish" in that it will if in combat cast prep finish your cd on vanish cast cos if not on cd and will cast vanish. Used this macro all the time before the nerf now its back and Im so happy.
Vanish and Cloak of ShadowsEdit
#showtooltip [nocombat] Stealth;[mod] Cloak of Shadows;Vanish /cast [nocombat] !Stealth /stopmacro [nocombat] /cast [mod] Cloak of Shadows /stopmacro [mod] /cast [button:1] Cloak of Shadows; [button:2] Vanish /stopmacro [button:2] /cast [nostealth] Vanish
- When not in combat simply enters stealth.
- When in combat: Left click will cast Vanish and Cloak of Shadow, Right click to just cast Vanish, and shift+Left click to just cast Cloak of Shadow
- Macro last tested patch 4.3.4, June 15th, 2012
New and improved Stealth,Cloak of Shadow, and VanishEdit
#showtooltip Vanish /cast [combat] Cloak of Shadows; !Stealth /cast [nostealth,combat] Vanish /cast [stealth] Shadow Walk
- This macro will put you in stealth if not in combat, if in combat and cloak of shadows and vanish are not on cd it will cast both, if only one is up it will cast which ever is up, it will also show you if vanish is up so be aware if your in combat and vanish isnt up you dont want to hit this or you will most likely waste your cos which has a shorter cd then vanish
- Hitting the button twice wont pull you out of stealth
- This new version will cast your shadow walk when clicked if in stealth, helpful when sneaking up on hunters.
Cloak of Shadows Vanish Edit
#showicon Vanish /cast Cloak of Shadows /cast Vanish
- Will Cast CoS first (removes DoTs that would immediately cancel your Stealth if you had only used Vanish), then safely Stealth.
- CoS won't remove physical DoTs such as Rend or Gouge, so it's not foolproof or as useful when up against Warriors or other Rogues.
Stealth, Cloak of Shadows and Vanish Edit
#showtooltip /castsequence [combat] reset=60 Cloak of Shadows, Vanish; Stealth
- This macro allow rogues to stealth if no combat other ways you'll able Cloak of Shadows on first click and Vanish on the second click with reset 1 min for Cloak of Shadows.
Tricks of the Trade Macros Edit
This macro performs two functions: Focus setting and actually casting Tricks of the Trade.
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade /clearfocus [button:2] /stopmacro [button:2] /focus [@focus,noexists][mod:shift] target /stopmacro [help] /cast [@focus,help][help] Tricks of the Trade
- If you have no Focus and you target a friendly (usually a Tank in a party/raid), your friendly target will be set as your Focus target.
- If you already have a Focus target and want to change to another friendly target, hold down Shift and press/click macro while targeting the new target.
- If you already have a Focus target set and wish to clear it, right click the macro icon.
- After you are satisfied with your Focus target, either target nothing or an enemy and pressing/clicking the macro will perform Tricks of the Trade aimed at the Focus target. Never have to switch target in the middle of the boss fight again!
Set Tricks of the Trades Target Macro Edit
/run ToT = UnitName("target") /run if not InCombatLockdown() then EditMacro('TotT', nil, nil, '#showtooltip\n/cast [target='.. ToT ..'] Tricks of the Trade', nil); print('Tricks of the Trade set to : ' .. ToT); else print('Cannot change TotT now!'); end;
This is a two macro system, One macro to cast Tricks of the Trade and another to set the target of that macro.
- The set macro cannot be used in combat since the game will not allow macro editing during combat.
- AutoPartyButtons addon adds a single button that automatically puts TotT on the tank.
- Step 1: Create a blank macro named TotT
- Step 2: Create the following macro named as you please, for this example SeTTotT
- Target the player you want to set as your Tricks of the Trade recipient and use the set macro (SeTTotT), you will see a chatlog message confirming the macro worked.
- Use the TotT macro whenever you want to use Tricks of the Trade.
- Works in 3.2.2
Tricks of the Trade without losing targetEdit
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade /cast [@targettarget] Tricks of the Trade
- This is a simple macro that will tricks of the trade your tank without losing your target. It casts on whatever your current target is targeting.
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade /cast [help] [@targettarget] Tricks of the Trade
- Another useful macro, an extension of the first example, is to be able to preemptively throw tricks on a target if you wish, or to use it as the macro is intended, and toss it on the mob or boss's target.
- This macro dictates that if your target is a friendly target, it will cast Tricks; if not, it will cast it on your target's target. Note that it won't work if you're trying to pop it because a mob is targeting you, of course.
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade /cast [@focus] Tricks of the Trade
- This is another macro that is useful for Trading tricks (make sure the rogue that you're trading with is set as your Focus Target for this macro)
Poison Macros Edit
One Macro, 3 Different Poisons Edit
/use [button:1] POISONNAMEHERE; [button:2] POISONNAMEHERE; [button:3] POISONNAMEHERE /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:3] 18 /click StaticPopup1Button1
- Applies POISONNAMEHERE to your MH if you left click on the macro
- Applies POISONNAMEHERE to your OH if you right click on the macro
- Applies POISONNAMEHERE to your TW (Throw Weapon) if you click with the scroll button on the macro
- This works in Patch 4.2
- If you have any questions about this macro send me a mail
- Credit: Saluthia (Rogue) EU Realm Kul' Tiras
Rzdrsfo at Kul Tiras Eu, sorry for not being able to help you with this macro
Here is the Macro I'm using today (20 February 2012) make sure you doesn't accidently remove any of the ; in the macro and that the poisons name starts with a big letter, for example (D)eadly (P)oison
/use [button:1] Instant Poison; [button:2] Deadly Poison; [button:3] Deadly Poison /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:3] 18 /click StaticPopup1Button1
One Button Poisons Edit
#showtooltip /use POISONNAMEHERE /use [button:1] 16 /use [button:2] 17 /click StaticPopup1Button1
- Applies POISONNAMEHERE to your MH if you left click
- Applies POISONNAMEHERE to your OH if you right click
- The last line will click the "OK" button when it asks you if you want to replace the poison that may already be on the weapon.
- I set one up for each of my poisons and keep the macros handy, especially for PvP.
- Works in 4.1
One Button Different Poisons Edit
#showtooltip /use [button:1] POISON1NAMEHERE; POISON2NAMEHERE /use [button:1] 16; 17 /click StaticPopup1Button1
- This variation of One Button Poisons allows you to use two different types of poison instead of one
- Applies POISON1NAMEHERE to your MH if you left click
- Applies POISON2NAMEHERE to your OH if you right click or activate the macro through any other means than a left click.
- The last line will click the "OK" button when it asks you if you want to replace the poison that may already be on the weapon.
- Working as of 4.2
One Button Different Poisons - Advanced Edit
#showtooltip /use [mod] POISON1NAMEHERE; POISON2NAMEHERE /use [button:1] 16; 17 /click StaticPopup1Button1
- This variation of the above variation of One Button Poisons allows you to choose between two potions separately from which weapon to apply it to
- To clarify, with poisons A and B, and weapons 1 and 2, this allows you to choose between poison-weapon combinations A1, A2, B1, and B2, as opposed to just A1 and B2
- Applies POISON1NAMEHERE if you press with a modifier, or POISON2NAMEHERE otherwise.
- Applies the poison to your main hand if you left click, or your off hand otherwise.
- The possible poisons can be further expanded via [mod:specificmod], for a total of 4 on one macro
- The last line will click the "OK" button when it asks you if you want to replace the poison that may already be on the weapon. You may remove this if preferred.
- Please verify; I think I have the theory correct, but have no rogue of high enough level to test it with.
- Credit: Souldude (aka Sneakfellow) of Thrall (US)
One Button All Five Poisons Edit
- One Button All Five Poisons applied to MH, OH, or thrown weapon slots macro
#showtooltip /use [mod:ctrl, mod:alt] Mind-Numbing Poison;[mod:shift] Instant Poison; [mod:ctrl] Crippling Poison; [mod:alt] Wound Poison; Deadly Poison /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17; [button:4] 18 /click StaticPopup1Button1
- This is a further variation of the above One Button Poison macro that allows you to choose between five poisons and your MH, OH, or thrown weapon slots
- #showtooltip will switch icon to correspond with poison being applied
- Remove "[button:4] 18" from the third line if you do not have a mouse with back and forward buttons. You can still left click to apply poisons to your MH or right click to apply to OH
- Applies Mind-Numbing Poison to MH if you hold control AND alt and left click, OH if you hold control AND alt and right click, or thrown if you hold control AND alt and click Mouse4
- Applies Instant Poison to MH if you hold shift and left click, OH if you hold shift and right click, or thrown if you hold shift and click Mouse4
- Applies Crippling Poison to MH if you hold control and left click, OH if you hold control and right click; or thrown if you hold control and click Mouse4
- Applies Wound Poison to MH if you hold alt and left click, OH if you hold alt and right click, or thrown if you hold alt and click Mouse4
- Applies Deadly Poison to MH if you simply left click, OH if you simply right click, or thrown if you simply click Mouse4
- The last line will click the "OK" button when it asks you if you want to replace the poison that may already be on the weapon. You may remove this if preferred.
- Works with 4.0.3a
Weapon Targetted Poison MacrosEdit
This is a simple one-click macro that applies Instant Poison to your mainhand.
#showtooltip /use Instant Poison /use 16
This is a simple one-click macro that applies Deadly Poison to your offhand.
#showtooltip /use Deadly Poison /use 17
Assassination Macros Edit
Cold Blood & Eviscerate/Ambush w/o Global CDEdit
#showtooltip [stealth] Ambush; Eviscerate /cast Cold Blood /cast [stealth] Ambush; Eviscerate
- Activates Cold Blood just before using Eviscerate or Ambush (if stealthed)
- Cold Blood does not trigger Global CD, so both spells cast at the same time.
- by Shxdxws - Vek'nilash
- Works in 4.0.1
Hunger For Blood Macro Edit
#showtooltip /cast Hunger for Blood /stopwatch reset /stopwatch 1:0 /stopwatch play /in 60 /run PlaySound("LEVELUPSOUND") /in 60 /stopwatch
- Activates Hunger for Blood
- Initializes a Timer on your screen with a 1 minute countdown
- After 1 Minute has passed, plays the "BWONG" as people call it, Level Up Sound
- Closes the Timer
- Works as of 3.3.5
- Can likely be used for any buff with a short duration, that one might forget to renew mid battle. (Warrior's Shouts, DK's HoW, Warlock's LifeTap Glyphed Spirit Buff)
- Only one timer may be up on your screen, to my knowledge.
All-in-one Opener/CP Generator Edit
/cast [stealth,nodead,exists,harm,spec:1] Ambush; [stealth,harm,exists,spec:2] Cheap Shot /cast [combat] Mutilate; [nocombat,nostealth] [stealth,nocombat,help] [stealth,dead] [noexists] Stealth
- Ambushes if you have a harmful target that is not dead and you are stealthed and in spec 1 (your PvE spec). Cheap Shots if same conditions but in spec 2 (your PvP spec)
- Mutilates if in combat. Stealths if not in combat and not stealthed, Unstealths if stealthed, not in combat, and have a helpful target, or if you are stealthed and your target is dead, or if you have no target.
- I found this to work really well with a 5-button mouse. Use Spellbinder to bind the macro to Button 4, then just spam button 4 with your thumb. Frees up several action bar slots.
All-in-one Finisher Edit
#showtooltip [spec:2] Kidney Shot; [nogroup] Eviscerate; Envenom /castsequence [spec:2] reset=combat/6 Eviscerate, Kidney Shot; [spec:1,nogroup,combat] Eviscerate; [spec:1,group:party,combat] [spec:1,group:raid,combat] Envenom
- Shows Kidney Shot if in spec 2 (PvP), Evisc in other spec and not grouped, and Envenom if grouped
- In spec 2 casts Evisc, then KS, but resets to Evisc after 6 seconds (in case KS is on cd). In spec 1 if not grouped and in combat casts Evisc. In spec 1 if grouped (party or raid) and in combat, casts Envenom
- This works really well with a 5-button mouse also. Use Spellbinder to bind the macro to Button 5, then when you need to do your finisher, hit button 5 once, then back to button 4.
Combat Macros Edit
TotT + Killing Spree Edit
#showtooltip Killing Spree /target [target=target, help] targettarget; party1 /cast [help] Tricks of the Trade; [harm] Killing Spree
- If your target is a party member, targets their target, otherwise targets the party leader (often tank), allowing you to switch targets between the tank and what you should be DPSing.
- Casts Tricks of the Trade if your target is a party member or casts Killing Spree if your target is an enemy.
- This macro is useful for helping a tank establish or maintain aggro during a pull. Hit it twice and you'll TotT the tank while Killing Spree-ing everything else, without losing your target.
- A line similar to "/use [harm] Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood" may be added to the end of the macro to boost the power of your Killing Spree to maximize effectiveness, as long as the used item or spell doesn't trigger GCD.
- Works in 3.1.3, both with and without the "/use" line.
Garrote in Stealth, or Sinister Strike Otherwise Edit
#showtooltip /cast [stealth] Garrote /castrandom [nostealth] Sinister Strike, Riposte
Ambush or GarroteEdit
/cast [equipped:Daggers] Ambush; Garrote
- This lets you use Ambush if you have a dagger equipped otherwise will default to Garrote. You can change it to Garrote with a certin kind of weapon by adding [equipped:Mace] after Ambush like so:
/cast [equipped:Daggers] Ambush;[equipped:Mace] Garrote
- By Sqeeks
#showtooltip [modifier:shift] Rupture; Slice and Dice /cast [modifier:shift] Rupture; Slice and Dice
- Activates both finishing moves in one button using the modifier shift to choose which one.
- The default image should be question mark so it will show the tool tips for the finisher you are about to use.
- Will not change and stay you must hold down the shift key or any modifier key you chose to use.
- Slice and Dice will always be default without holding shift down (unless you replace it with another finisher).
- Great for PvP or a raid when fighting a boss to keep doing DPS without the burst damage.
- Made by Sqeeks
Eviscerate or EnvenomEdit
#showtooltip [modifier:shift] Eviscerate; Envenom /cast [modifier:shift] Eviscerate; Envenom
- This macro is just like the one above it except it is more ideal for solo killing or doing burst damage against a boss if he/she is close to death.
- Also good for PvP for burst scare damage or fast kills of clothies.
- Envenom is default to show and as mentioned above holding shift down will allow you to use Eviscerate.
- If you use the question mark icon then the image will match the finisher you aim to use so there is no confusion.
- Having both macros will allow you to use fewer action slots for other items or skills and use the one you want at any given time.
- You can add a third or even fourth modifier to include more then just the two written above.
#showtooltip [modifier:shift] Eviscerate;[modifier:ctrl] Envenom; Expose Armor /cast [modifier:shift] Eviscerate;[modifier:ctrl] Envenom; Expose Armor
- With this macro if you look at the icon using the question mark the icon and tooltips for Expose Armor will be default, pressing and holding shift will allow use of Eviscerate and see the tooltips and finally pressing and holding the ctrl button will allow you to use Envenom and see the tooltips.
- Made by Sqeeks
Stealth and Ambush with One Handed WeaponsEdit
#showtooltip Stealth /cast !Stealth /equipslot 16 *name of main hand dagger* /equipslot 17 *name of off hand dagger*
- Use: Goes into Stealth and switches your weapons to daggers.
- The "!Stealth" means you can mash it's keybind and not worry about toggling off Stealth.
- Note: You need to switch your off hand weapon first only if you have a "Main Hand" weapon in your main hand. If not, the macro will attempt to switch your weapons, and fail because "Main hand" can only be equipped in your main hand. (Only affected if your main hand dagger is currently in your off hand)
- Works in 3.3.2
#showtooltip Ambush /cast Ambush /equipslot 16 *name of Main Hand weapon* /equipslot 17 *name of off Hand weapon*
- Use: Uses Ambush, then switches you back to your Combat Weapons.
- Note: If you fail to cast Ambush (not in right position, tank pulling mob out of range as you ambush) the macro will still switch your weapons, and you must reapply your Stealth macro.
- Works in 3.3.2
Blade Flurry / Killing SpreeEdit
#showtooltip [mod:shift] Blade Flurry; Killing Spree /castsequence reset=30 Blade Flurry, Killing Spree
- The first time you hit the macro, it activates Blade Flurry (I suggest you wait until S&D is already up), the next time (within 30 secs.) you *hit it, it activates Killing Spree. Since both abilities have 2m CD, you can go by the CD of Killing Spree, which is the default tooltip shown; however, if you want to see the Blade Flurry CD, just press the Shift key.
- This macro is useful if your group pulls a large group all at once and you need to do some mega DPS, FAST!
- by Shxdxws - Vek'nilash
- Works in 4.0.1
Feint & Evasion w/o Global CDEdit
#showtooltip Evasion /cast Feint /cast Evasion
- Use: Triggers Feint and Evasion simultaneously, since Feint doesn't trigger the global cooldown.
- Useful when you start to pull aggro from the tank, as most Rogues do at some point.
- by Shxdxws - Vek'nilash
- Works in 4.0.3a
Subtlety Macros Edit
This macro allow for high burst damage while keeping the opponent stunned. Works best with [Vigor] and [Filthy Tricks] as they allow for two Ambushes with the reduced energy cost.
#showtooltip /castsequence reset=30 Premeditation, Cheap Shot, Eviscerate(Rank 11), Dismantle, Shadow Dance, Shadowstep, Ambush(Rank 9), Ambush(Rank 9), Kidney Shot(Rank 2)
This macro stuns the target, quickly damages them for around 6000 health at 80, and then opens them for attack.
#showtooltip /castsequence reset=20 Gouge, Shadowstep, Backstab(Rank 11), Hemorrhage(Rank 4), Kidney Shot(Rank 2)
Similar to Backstabber, but focuses on interrupting spells and bringing in high damage, very effective against healers.
/castsequence reset=20 Gouge, Shadowstep, Kick, Backstab(Rank 11), Hemorrhage(Rank 4), Eviscerate(Rank 11)
#showtooltip Preparation /cast [nostealth] Evasion /cast [nocombat] Vanish /cast Cold Blood /cast Sprint /cast Preparation
Swap Dagger + AmbushEdit
This macro can be used in pvp in general and is useful if you want to stay with your fast main and offhand :
/equip Your1hDagger /cast ambush /equip YourOldMainHand
The macros below this line have not been validated to work in 3.1. They should be tested and moved to the appropriate section above.
Vanish and Shadowstep and Cloak of Shadows Edit
/cast [modifier:ctrl] Shadowstep /cast [modifier:alt] Cloak of Shadows /cast vanish /stopattack
Cancel Blessing of Protection with Combo point attack.Edit
/cast Hemorrhage /stopmacro [help] [noexists] /cancelaura Blessing of Protection
Unified Mount MacroEdit
One button, one press to: Mount an appropriate mount if not mounted. Dismount and drop into stealth if you are not flying, but do it anyway if you have an enemy target. Lacking a conditional test for how far above the ground you are, this seems the best balance of combat function vs. going splat from an accidental, high altitude key press.
/use [nomounted, flyable] Swift Purple Windrider; [nomounted, noflyable] Horn of the Frostwolf Howler /cast [mounted, nocombat] Stealth /dismount [mounted, noflying] /dismount [exists, harm] /cast [nomounted] Stealth
Many favorite level 60+ rogue trinkets can be used to provide 10-20 second buffs (attack power, crit rating, or haste) which are on different 2 min cooldowns. If you have 2 of these equipped, you can activate whichever is out of cooldown with a macro like this. If the first listed item is on cooldown, the macro will use the second.
/use Bladefist's Breadth /use Ancient Draenei War Talisman
A simpler way, as per Useful_macros#Use_either_Trinket, is to use:
/use 13 /use 14
The following macro will automatically activate your trinkets for you. You can chain as many items with uses - and which don't trigger the global cooldown - into the /castrandom as you have. It's not a good idea to add abilities that cost energy (like Adrenaline Rush) or which might break crowd control (like Blade Flurry).
The rather elaborate-looking code simply clears any errors or error sounds (such as "That item isn't ready yet") produced by the trinkets being on cooldown.
#showtooltip Sinister Strike /console Sound_EnableSFX 0 /use Bladefist's Breadth /cast Sinister Strike /console Sound_EnableSFX 1 /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
Sinister Strike => Riposte version AEdit
A very primitive way to bypass the restrictions. You have to mash this non-stop and it works fine.
/castrandom Sinister Strike, Riposte
Sinister Strike => Riposte version BEdit
This will cast Sinister Strike on the first press, and on the next press, Riposte. The macro resets in 1 second. The problem with this macro is that you have to Sinister Strike before you can Riposte.
/castsequence reset=1 Sinister Strike, Riposte
Sinister Strike => Riposte version CEdit
This will cast Sinister Strike on a normal click, and when Riposte becomes available, right-click to use Riposte. I use this because the Sinister Strike + Riposte listed above seems buggy, and sometimes wont reset, so you're stuck trying to do Riposte over and over, when it's not available.
/cast [button:1] Sinister Strike; [button:2] Riposte
Sinister Strike => Riposte version DEdit
/cast Riposte /cast Sinister Strike
Note: As of at least 2.0, this macro no longer works. See here.
Dagger Switch to use Backstab after Pick Pocketing the enemyEdit
/equipslot 16 [Dagger] /cast [stealth] Pick Pocket /cast Backstab /equipslot 16 [Original Weapon]
Note that this macro requires that you have autoloot enabled, or an addon such as AutoLootPocket 
Dagger Switch to do a Mutilate, then back to normal weaponsEdit
This is to switch to your highest DPS, slowest dagger to Mutilate, then back to your standard sword.
/equipslot17 [insert lowest DPS dagger for MH] /equipslot18 [insert highest DPS dagger for OH] /cast Mutilate /equipslot17 [normal MH wep] /equipslot [normal OH wep]
Note: Only thing with this is that switch weapons invokes the Global Cooldown. And it resets the swing timer which might not make this even useful.
Mashable Stealth / UnstealthEdit
This will only turn Stealth on.
To leave Stealth if you're in it:
/cast [stance] Stealth
Backstab if mainhanding a dagger, Sinister Strike otherwiseEdit
This will Backstab if you have a dagger in your mainhand, or Sinister Strike if you have a fist weapon. This is useful for situations such as the Flame Wreath in the Shade of Aran encounter where you have to spend prolonged periods in front of a mob unable to move behind it to Backstab. Just click your fist weapon on your bar and then Sinister Strike a few times while you wait so you don't waste energy.
The reason you have to do it this way is you likely have a dagger in your offhand, so the macro will just keep trying to Backstab if you say [equipped:Daggers] [noequipped:Daggers] instead
Note: You'll have to change "Fist Weapon" to "Sword" or "Mace" as appropriate if you don't have a fist weapon
/cast [noequipped:Fist Weapon] Backstab; /cast [equipped:Fist Weapon] Sinister Strike
(macro by Raymond from Nazjatar US) Or you can
/cast [equipped:Dagger]Backstab; /cast Sinister Strike
Making it only backstab when you have daggers for what ever else it sinister strikes
Ambush if Stealthed, otherwise BackstabEdit
/cast [stealth] Ambush; Backstab
- OR -
/cast [nostealth] Backstab; Ambush
Note: The action bar changes while Stealth is activated. Therefore Ambush is only used on Stealth's action bar. When Stealth is deactivated, the action bar will swap back to the standard action bar. Backstab should only be on the standard action bar and Ambush should only be used on the Stealth action bar.
Ambush if Dagger, otherwise Cheapshot Edit
/cast [equipped:Daggers] Ambush; Cheapshot
Note: that [equipped:Daggers] will evaluate true if you have a dagger in either hand. So if you are wielding a mace in your main hand, and a dagger in your off hand, then this macro will attempt to Ambush, give you an error message, and do nothing.
Equip Dagger and AmbushEdit
This will equip your dagger if you have something else equipped, and Ambush your target otherwise. The last line will then switch back to your other weapon directly after ambushing. It can be adjusted for swords by changing [noequipped:Maces] to [noequipped:Swords]. You will need to change 'Dagger of Pwnage' or 'Mace of Pwnage' to the exact title of your weapon. Important Note: If stealth is broken before you ambush it will not automatically switch weapons back. If you click the button macro while not stealthed it will switch back for you.
/equipslot [stealth,noequipped:Daggers] 16 Dagger of Pwnage /cast [stealth,equipped:Daggers] Ambush /equipslot [noequipped:Maces] 16 Mace of Pwnage
If nocombat Stealth, otherwise Ghostly/Sinister StrikeEdit
When you're not Stealthed and not in combat, it will Stealth you. When you're in combat and not Stealthed it will pop Ghostly Strike whenever it's cooldown is up and Sinister Strike otherwise (in theory at least).
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth /castsequence reset=20 Ghostly Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike, Sinister Strike
Note: This macro has a weakness. Since every press of the macro will reset the 20 second timer you can easily get "out of sync" with the Ghostly Strike cooldown. Imagine it takes you 10 seconds to kill a target after which you move on. At this point the 20 second reset timer of the macro has just been reset. This means that attacking a new target within the next 20 seconds would NOT result in a Ghostly Strike opener even though cooldown is ready.
Stealth => Sinister StrikeEdit
This macro will...
- Stealth you if you have a dagger equipped and are not in combat.
- Equip your dagger if you are not stealthed, not in combat, and not wielding a dagger (change "Dagger of Pwnage" to the name of your dagger.
- Equip your sword/whatever if you are in combat and are wielding a dagger (remember to change the name of the weapon in the macro).
- Hit your target with Sinister Strike otherwise.
/cast [equipped:Daggers,nocombat] Stealth /equipslot [nostealth,nocombat,noequipped:Daggers] 16 Dagger of Pwnage /equipslot [combat,equipped:Daggers] 16 Sword of Pwnage /cast Sinister Strike
With this macro, you can left click to poison your main hand, right click to poison your offhand, hold down the alt button when you do it to use Crippling Poison or the ctrl button to use Mind-Numbing Poison.
/use [nomodifier] Instant Poison IV; [modifier:alt] Crippling Poison II; [modifier:ctrl] Mind-numbing Poison III /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17
As an alternative to the one above, this one contains all six kinds of poisons that rogues have.
#showtooltip /use [mod:ctrl,mod:shift] Anesthetic Poison;[mod:ctrl,mod:alt] Deadly Poison; [mod:alt] Crippling Poison;[mod:ctrl] Mind-numbing Poison;[mod:shift] Wound Poison;Instant Poison /use [btn:1] 16; [btn:2] 17
Note: This macro will not function as intended if you are using higher-rank poisons and do not include rank numbers. Rank 1 poisons are simply known as "Instant Poison", "Deadly Poison", etc. The game's API looks for that specific name when you don't use a rank ("II", "III", etc.), which will causes it to register as non-functional if those poisons aren't in inventory. To avoid this, you can also use bag slot ID numbers to force the macro to always use whatever poison you put in that bagslot.
Note: that the double-modifier uses have to come before the single ones.
Clickless Apply PoisonEdit
Another alternative you can use, one that don't need clicking the weapon to apply your poison, is shown below:
#showtooltip *poison name with rank* /use *poison name with rank* /use *weapon slot* (16 = Main Hand | 17 = Off-Hand)
This will put the poison you want on your weapon without having to click on your weapon. This macro will put Crippling Poison II on your off-hand right after you use the macro. For example:
#showtooltip Cripping Poison II /use Crippling Poison II /use 17
This one will apply poison to either weapon depending on which mouse button.
#showtooltip Deadly Posion VII /use Deadly Poison VII /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17
Five in one PoisonsEdit
This macro will apply a poison depending on the modifier button you push when you hit the macro. It will apply the poison to the mainhand weapon if you use the left mouse button, or the offhand weapon if you use the right mouse button.
#showtooltip /use [mod:shift] Deadly Poison IX; [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt] Crippling Poison; [mod:alt,nomod:ctrl] Wound Poison VII; [mod:ctrl,mod:alt] Mind-numbing Poison; Instant Poison IX /use [button:1] 16; [button:2] 17
This lets you Blind mobs/players without changing target but simply by hovering your mouse over them. Because your cursor is being used to select a target, you will need to have this macro bound to a key.
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead] Blind
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,harm,nodead][harm,nodead] Blind
Stealth > Cheapshot > HemorrhageEdit
Nice all in one macro, great for grinding mobs.
/cast [nostealth] stealth /cast [stealth] cheap shot /cast [combat] Hemorrhage
Dismount > Stealth > Cheap Shot Edit
Dismount and Stealth: Nothing fancy, replace "Swift White Steed" with your own mount name.
/cast [nomounted, nostealth] Stealth; [nomounted] Cheap Shot /dismount [mounted]
/equip [noequipped:bow] Bow of Love /cast Expose Armor /stopattack
Cheap Shot would work like this:
/equip [noequipped:bow] Bow of Love /cast Cheap Shot /stopattack
Cold Blood => EviscerateEdit
/cast Cold Blood /cast Eviscerate
Trinket => Evasion => Adrenaline RushEdit
13 is top trinket slot, 14 is bottom. If Evasion is not up, Adrenaline Rush will not come out. There is no way to bypass this at the moment, unless you want to /castrandom and get those abilities out randomly.
/use 13 /castsequence Evasion, Adrenaline Rush
This is the /castrandom version and is very effective in bypassing the restriction above:
/use 13 /castrandom Adrenaline Rush, Evasion
Premeditation => CheapshotEdit
/cast Premeditation /cast Cheap shot
Ghost Strike HemorrhageEdit
Ghostly Strike/Hemorrhage. 5 Hemorrhage for every Ghostly Strike is plenty. This for me works better than /castrandom Ghostly Strike, ]]Hemorrhage]], you can try both versions and see which one you prefer.
/castsequence reset=6 ghostly strike, hemorrhage, hemorrhage, hemorrhage, hemorrhage, hemorrhage
Note: Since the debuff from Hemorrhage is now so powerful(Worth around 150 attack power) you would probably want to use;
/castsequence reset=7 hemorrhage, ghostly strike, hemorrhage, hemorrhage, hemorrhage, hemorrhage, hemorrhage
Stealth > Shadowstep > Premeditation > Ambush > Hemorrage Edit
Stealths if not Stealthed and not in combat. Shadowstep and apply Premeditation if its up. Ambush. Hemorrhage spam during combat. Great with the new Shadowstep.. can be a bugger when attempting on a moving mounted foe.
/cast [nostealth,nocombat] stealth /cast [stealth] Shadowstep /cast [stealth] Premeditation /cast [stealth] Ambush /cast [combat] Hemorrhage
Pick Pocket + AmbushEdit
If you use this macro it will Stealth you and Pick Pocket your mob netting you a few extra silver and the occasional Locked Box. You should(!) enable Autoloot in your Interface-Menu. If you are stealthed when using the macro, it will just Pick Pocket and use the opener. Instead of Ambush you can use every other Opener of course.
/cast [nostealth] Stealth /stopcasting /cast Pick Pocket /stopcasting /cast Ambush
Auto-loot only when PickpocketingEdit
If you only want to auto-loot when you are pickpocketing use this macro:
/script SetCVar("AutoLootDefault", 1) /cast Pick Pocket /in 1 /script SetCVar("AutoLootDefault", 0)
Without the /in 1 the auto-loot-default setting is returned to 0 before the pick pocket completes, defeating the whole purpose. Note: Autoloot used to be "SetAutoLootDefault(1)", patch 3.0 made Autoloot a CVar.
This will select the most close target, and Sap then auto loot pick pocket,
#showtooltip Pick Pocket /console targetNearestDistance 5.000000 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000 /cast [harm,nodead] Sap /script SetAutoLootDefault(1) /cast Pick pocket /in 1 /script SetAutoLootDefault(0)
Note: The '/in' command is not a blizzard command but comes from Cosmos. If you are not running Cosmos or one of its addons, this macro will not work.
#showtooltip Pick Pocket /cast [nostealth,nocombat] Stealth /cast [nostealth,combat] Vanish /targetenemy [target=harm, nodead] /cast Sap /cast Pick Pocket /cleartarget
Better than the similar macro above, but you MUST have Auto-loot on. Doesn't require any addons.
#showtooltip Stealth /cast [stealth, harm] Pick Pocket; Stealth
This macro will throw a throwing weapon or shoot your bow/gun/crossbow depending on which you have equipped.
/cast [equipped:Thrown] Throw; Shoot
Change the bag slot numbers to fit your own bags.
#showtooltip /cast [button:1, equipped:thrown]Throw; [button:1] Shoot; /startattack [button:1] /stopmacro [button:1] /script if ( not CursorHasItem() ) then PickupContainerItem(0,15); PickupInventoryItem(18); PickupContainerItem(0,15); end
Equip throwing weapon + Deadly ThrowEdit
This macro will equip your throwing weapon & cast Deadly Throw (requires two button presses, about a 1 second delay due to global cooldown). Handy if you want to keep a bow/gun/crossbow equipped due to better stats.
/equipslot [noequipped:Thrown] 18 My Thrown Weapon /cast [equipped:Thrown] Deadly Throw
It'll use Deadly Throw if you have the combo points, otherwise it'll just throw/shoot.
/cast [equipped:Thrown] Deadly Throw /cast [equipped:Thrown] Throw; Shoot
Note: There is still a little problem, if you do not have enough energy but the combo point(s) it won't do a Throw but sayin "Not enough energy".
Sap + Pick PocketEdit
Needs Autoloot option enabled
WARNING: Do not use this macro when sapping a member of a group. If your pick pocket gets resisted, you break stealth and aggro the whole group.
Almost guaranteed pick pocket even in laggy situations and on moving mobs. It has its weakness in world PvP though, your enemy can easily know you're there.
/cast Sap /cast Pick Pocket
Gouge => BandageEdit
Automatically Gouges the target and begins bandaging yourself. Be warned that if your Gouge fails, this will still expend a bandage. Replace Netherweave Bandage with the name of whatever bandage you wish to use with this macro.
/cast Gouge /stopcasting /use [target=player] Netherweave Bandage
Gouge => BackstabEdit
#showtooltip /castsequence [nomodifier:ctrl] reset=4 Gouge, Backstab /cast [modifier:ctrl] Backstab
This macro is probably only used for pvp. When nearing a target you want to gouge so you could for example open with minor CC, you will Stealth => Cheap Shot should you suddenly leave combat just before you get in range for Gouge. Best use for this macro is if you don't put it in one of your main action bars, since action buttons change once you stealth. This will also always show the tooltip of the ability it will currently exceed. Do note that this macro is most useful for rogues without Improved Gouge and with Dirty Deeds, which is comon to hemo or PvP assassination builds.
#showtooltip /cast [combat,nostealth] Gouge /cast [nocombat,nostealth] Stealth /cast [stealth] Cheap Shot
Vanish if combat - Stealth if nocombatEdit
Place in your non-stealth bar, normal Stealth in same slot on in-stealth bar.
To vanish when stealthed in combat:
/cast [nocombat] Stealth; Vanish
To unstealth when stealthed in combat:
/cast [combat,stealth] Stealth; [nocombat] Stealth; Vanish
Trinket => Blade FlurryEdit
This casts your trinket and Blade Flurry in one mashable macro. Replace "Bladefist's Breadth" with your trinket. It will also auto attack if you haven't started attacking yet.
#show Blade Flurry /startattack /use Bladefist's Breadth /cast Blade Flurry
Dagger <=> Sword switchingEdit
This macro switch the weapon in your main hand. Useful if want to start with a dagger and switch to your sword after opening. Can be used to switch your main hand with your off-hand too. Use the "?" icon to see what is equepped in the main hand.
#show 16 /equipslot [equipped:Sword] 16 Dagger /equipslot [equipped:Dagger] 16 Sword
The first click will re-equip a dagger if the main hand isn't a dagger, and the second click will equip a sword if the main hand isn't a sword.
It's basically the same as the above macro. However, this make sure that it will only equip the main hand w/ the dagger you specify while stealth, preventing an accident of switching back to a sword/mace/fist weapon if press the button 1 too many times. Probably better for efficiency. Remember to change the name of the weapon each time when you get a better weapon.
#show 16 /equipslot [stealth,equipped:Sword/Mace/Fist] 16 (name of your dagger) /equipslot [nostealth,equipped:Dagger] 16 (name of your Sword/mace/fist weapon)
Dismount and stealth Edit
Switch main and off handEdit
This macro will swap the weapons equipied in your main and off hand. Useful to switch between sword and dagger. When you do this instantly with other ability you may even trick the global cooldown. Note that you must have the "one hand" weapons equippied, not "main hand". Use the "?" icon with this macro to see what is equipped in your main hand.
#show 16 /script PickupInventoryItem(16); PickupInventoryItem(17);
/cast [stealth] Cheap Shot; Kidney Shot
This is a good macro if you want to get away from some mobs quickly. (when back is turned to mob/player you can not dodge even with evasion)
/cast Sprint /cast Evasion
This is a better macro for getting away from a single enemy, and still better for getting away from mobs, as it temporarily reduces the number of enemies chasing you by one.
/cast Gouge /cast Sprint /cast Evasion
And if you are a Herbalist, with a skill level of at least 75, then you can use this one instead:
/cast Gouge /cast Sprint /cast Evasion /cast Lifeblood
Be sure to have Improved Gouge - Rank 5
Implicit Weapon SwitchingEdit
These are a couple macros I found good for switching weapons on the fly depending on what you are doing.
This one will prepare a dagger for backstabbing after a gouge, or equip 2 daggers for a mutilate.
/cast Gouge /equipslot 16 <dagger> /equipslot 17 <dagger>
This one will equip a sword, mace, or fist weapon after executing a backstab or mutilate so you can keep up DPS without fumbling around.
/cast Backstab /equipslot 16 <sword or mace or fist weapon> /equipslot 17 <sword or mace or fist weapon>
This one is in case your gouge misses so you don't have to waste time using the previous macro switching back. You may lose some DPS Sinister Striking with a weak weapon but you will put your normal weapons on right afterwards.
/cast Sinister Strike /equipslot 16 <sword or mace or fist weapon> /equipslot 17 <sword or mace or fist weapon>
Boss Bleeder MacroEdit
This macro is explicitly for subtlety specced rogues and should be used primarily against boss mobs. This will provide a maximum effect from your two primary bleed effects. As a subtlety specced rogue, your opening garrote will hit for +50% damage (+20% Opportunity, +10% Master of Subtlety, +20% Shadowstep) and your rupture will hit for +60% (+30% Serrated Blades, +10% Master of Subtlety, +20% Shadowstep) with 5 combo points. This is only effective once every 10 minutes which is why it should be saved for bosses. You can open up for about 600 damage every 2–3 seconds without pulling excessive threat away from your tank.
/castsequence Premeditation, Shadowstep, Preparation, Premeditation, Garrote, Shadowstep, Rupture
Note: Subtlety specced rogues aren't considered a pve spec. As the damage output of Sub is subpar in pve.
Kick or Arcane Torrent MacroEdit
This macro is only useful for blood elf rogues. It performs a Kick. While kick is on cooldown, the same button will do Arcane Torrent instead.
#showtooltip /castsequence reset=10 Kick, Arcane Torrent
Limitations: If you do not have a kickable target this will NOT do an arcane torrent because kick must be cast on the first press, then arcane torrent on the second press.
Sap Macro Edit
This simple macro is only really useful when fighting another rogue. You can sneak around stealthed while spamming this button, and it will instantly target then sap your opponent if you see him/her first, allowing you to casually start off with an opening move.
#showtooltip Sap /cleartarget /targetenemyplayer /cast [stance:1/3, harm, nodead] Sap
- previous version:
#showtooltip Sap /cleartarget /console targetNearestDistance 10.000000 /targetenemy [noharm][dead] /console targetNearestDistance 41.000000 /cast [harm,nodead] Sap
Sap + Blind in Dungeons Edit
This is two useful macros, one for the sap and one for blind. You first sap your target and the macro will set focus. When you want to use blind the macro will use the focus to choose target without changing your target.
#showtooltip [target=focus,harm]  Sap /clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists] /focus [target=focus,noexists] /cast Sap
#showtooltip [target=focus,harm]  Blind /clearfocus [modifier:shift][target=focus,dead][target=focus,noexists] /cast [target=focus] Blind
Expose Armor without breaking Sap/Blind/GougeEdit
This simple macro will cast Expose Armor, clear your target and then get the target back without breaking and incapacitate effect. Note: the "stop auto attack" option MUST be checked for this macro to work. For some you may still be auto attacking the target, and to fix this, as you expose armor, face your character completely opposite or at a 90 degree angle away from said target. This will allow you to expose armor, but the angle of sight stops the use of an attack.
#show /cast Expose Armor /cleartarget
Auto Attack/Sinister StrikeEdit
With mobs stacked on each other its hard to select the right one and attack it. This is a macro for when you select a new target and have no energy to Sinister Strike(or any other main attack: Hemorrhage, Mutilate, Backstab) it will start to Auto Attack in one button.
#showtooltip Sinister Strike /startattack /cast Sinister Strike
Tricks of the Trade MacroEdit
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade /cast [target=focus,help] Tricks of the Trade
Remember to select your Focus by right-clicking on the toon's character portrait and selecting "Set Focus". If this works correctly you will see their portrait and mana bar on the lower left hand side of your screen.
If you want to change this for one specific person simply but their characters name where it say "focus".
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade /cast [target=Narcisa,help] Tricks of the Trade
Alternative Tricks of the Trade macroEdit
#showtooltip /clearfocus [help] /focus [help] /stopmacro [help] /cast [target=focus,help] Tricks of the Trade
This macro is a rebuild of the above TotT macro, this one simply puts the focus target function into the macro itself and allows you to select your Focus target by targetting them and clicking this macro, then select the target to be TotT'ed to the Focus and hit the macro and up goes TotT
This will cast stealth if you are out of combat or mounted. edit: I added mount options too, because it sometimes cast vanish even outside of combat when mounted.
/cast [mounted,combat] Vanish /cast [mounted] Stealth(Rank 4) /cast [nocombat] Stealth(Rank 4) /cast Vanish
Gouge / Stealth macroEdit
This macro will - Gouge enemy - cast stealth at the end of effect (Improved gouge lasts 5.5 sec, you can stealth after 5 secs of no battle action = you can use that 0.5 sec to stealth). Of course, you have to spam it to make it work.
/cast [combat] Gouge /cast [nocombat,no stealth] Stealth
Note: this works only with talent improved Gouge
Note: Not sure why you wouldn't just take the mashable stealth macro instead.
6 ambush onslaught Edit
This is a cast sequence set up to cast 6 ambushes on your target over a span of pressing this lil button a few times, you must be in stealth to start it properly and best if used with premeditation before you begin the macro for maximum slice and dice time.
#showtooltip# /castsequence reset=11 Premeditation, Ambush, Slice and Dice, Shadow Dance, Ambush, Ambush, Vanish, Ambush, Preparation, Vanish, Ambush
Note: this is really only practical on bosses, or when someone else is holding aggro on your target, it doesnt take all that long to pull it off and your DPS will skyrocket, if specced into sub its highly possible that they will all be crits which is always nice.
This sequence is set up to either kill or greatly damage, as in up to or more than 1/2 of your targets HP, but can only be used once every 10 min. Best most likely used on a healer in arena or FC in WSG, or something to that affect.
/castsequence Cold Blood, Premeditation, Garrote, Rupture, Evasion, Sprint, Dismantle, Vanish, Preparation, Premeditation, Ambush; Cheapshot, Cold Blood, Evicerate, Dismantle, Evasion
Note: not completely sure macro works as intended. asking for assisstance if used right, it should work fully though =) Note: For 2nd Cold Blood, must have Glyph of Preparation