The unicorn is a species of horse-like creature living on Azeroth, but, unlike horses, they have a horn growing out of their head. The horns and their bright white color comes from alteration from the Well of Eternity, when a herd of horses was grazing near it before the Sundering.
Appearances and mentionsEdit
- A white unicorn was the symbol of the high elves of Quel'Thalas and its image could be found on the sails of their Elven Destroyers.
- Archmagi brandish magical blades and ancient staves while mounted atop their trusty unicorn steeds.
- Unicorns can be summoned by both druids and elven rangers and unicorn celestial chargers can be summoned by druids using various Summon Nature's Ally spells.
- The item is a reference to this creature.
- Zhevra (presumed)
The basic unicorn subspecies, usually depicted as white. They can be summoned by druids and elven rangers using a spell, Summon Nature's Ally IV.
- Celestial charger unicorn
Celestial charger unicorns are a more powerful subspecies of unicorn. They can be summoned by druids using a spell, Summon Nature's Ally IX.
- Note: They are said to be stronger as they are summoned with a higher Summon Nature's Ally level than the normal unicorn.
- Hornsaw unicorn
In World of WarcraftEditThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
The Unicorn is possibly one of the oldest and most recognized mythical creatures in the world. The traditional European Unicorn looks similar to a horse, save for cloven hooves, a goat beard, and a lion-like tail. Unicorns are known for their healing powers and their solitary nature.