Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tuskarr is the native language of the tuskarr race. It is said that tuskarr have 20 words for "sea", a reference to the popular urban legend that Eskimos have an unusually large number of words for snow.
Here are a few Tuskarr phrases and words for which the translations have been officially confirmed by Blizzard:
- Kili'ua = "Two Huge Pincers"
- Silap Inua = "Magic", as told by Mystic Tomkin
- Tu'u'gwar = "He Who Plays With Food"
- Tuk-hariq = "Walkers of the Fog"
Untranslated Tuskarr WordsEdit
Tuskarr names derive from ancient words no longer in use in their own tongue. These words have hidden meaning none but the tuskarr understand. Because family is of prime importance to their society, tuskarr family names take precedence over the names of the individuals. Thus, tuskarr family names are stated before an individual’s personal name, and most tuskarr who travel outside their own communities are known simply by such a name. Tuskarr family names are ancient and sacred. The meaning of the family’s name is related to some important characteristic or great historic deed. A tuskarr father gives his family name to his child, but the mother picks out a personal name for her son or daughter shortly after birth. Tuskarr family names are long and complex, while personal names are short and simple. The meaning of a personal name relates to one of the child’s personality or physical traits.
- Male Names: Bok, Girok, Frinn, Koss, Mirial, Nirr, Orinn, Kurr.
- Female Names: Almh, Darji, Jirg, Lilmh, Sorji, Zurg.
- Family: Anniveldruun, Brathadral, Derganul, Erandruun, Gerkadrul, Looposul, Moondral, Oolundruun, Vermolkral
- Issliruk = Tuskarr spirit of war, is depicted as a silver eagle. It gives courage to the tuskarr.
- Karkut = "He Who Watches Over The Dead". It watches over the fallen so they do not lose their way.
- Tayutka = A protective deity, it makes sure survivors will have food and shelter.
- Oacha'noa = "Goddess of the Depths", appears to give guidance to the Tuskarr in times of need.
- ^ Manual of Monsters, pg. 105
- ^ Quote said by any non-vendor tuskarr if you talk to/click on them many times.
- ^ a b The Bait - Description
- ^ Mystic Tomkin - Quotes
- ^ Karuk's Oath - Description
- ^ Dark Factions, pg. 22-23
- ^ Arming Kamagua - Description
- ^ a b c Spirits Watch Over Us - Description
- ^ The Son of Karkut - Description