|Character class||Paladin, Priest (formerly), Cleric, Knight (WC2); Warrior, Mounted warrior|
|Affiliation|| Alliance of Lordaeron|
Knights of the Silver Hand
Sons of Lothar
|Position||Supreme Allied Commander, High General of the Alliance Expedition, Knight of the Silver Hand|
|Status||Unknown (Missing in Action)|
|Relative(s)||Arator (son), Alleria Windrunner (lover), Vereesa Windrunner and Sylvanas Windrunner (sisters-in-law), Giramar and Galadin (nephews), Lirath Windrunner and Rhonin (brothers-in-law), Zendarin Windrunner (cousin-in-law)|
|Mentor(s)|| Alonsus Faol|
General Turalyon (aka High General Turalyon) ( is a famous )paladin who served the Alliance army with distinction during and immediately after the Second War. He was second in command to Lord Anduin Lothar, the Supreme Allied Commander, and commanded half of the Alliance forces during the Second War while Anduin Lothar commanded the other half. During the assault on Blackrock Spire, Lord Lothar was struck down in combat with Orgrim Doomhammer. It was General Turalyon that picked up Lothar's battle standard and broken sword, and rallied the army of the Alliance to victory over the Horde, eventually capturing Doomhammer, and driving the orcs back to the Dark Portal. As the Lion's lieutenant, Turalyon was named Lothar's successor as Supreme Commander by the other (loyal) members of the Alliance. ( Since that day, Turalyon has been haunted by Lothar's death, which he believed to be his fault. Despite the fact that many believe Turalyon is dead, his son, )Arator the Redeemer, when spoken to in Honor Hold, tells the player about a strange dream he has detailing him kneeling over a man, presumably his father, when the skies are red and an army of demons stands before them. This would suggest that he is out there somewhere, perhaps wounded or injured. Danath Trollbane strongly believes he is still alive and continues searching for him to this day.
Turalyon is a kind and gentle soul who only wishes the world to be at peace. His innocence and understanding personality allow him to see through people for who they truly are. An example would be his friendship with Khadgar, as wizards were often discriminated against by holy orders. He has no special hatred for his enemies either and is very merciful: he refused to kill Doomhammer even when the warchief killed Lothar whom Turalyon admired very much. However, when innocent lives were threatened Turalyon's passive nature changed to that of a determined avenger willing to do what was necessary, setting aside his own well being, and putting the lives of the endangered as the top priority. It was these traits that drew Alleria Windrunner to fall in love with him.
During his time under Lothar, and for a time afterwards, Turalyon would often doubt his own abilities as a leader, feeling that Lothar could do things better. Most notably when the Alliance army was driven from Quel'Thalas, he blamed himself for the defeat, even the cause of the defeat came from the red dragons enslaved by the horde, creatures that neither he nor anyone in the Alliance had any means of stopping.
At an early age Turalyon joined the ranks of priesthood and fell under the guidance of Uther, at that time a knight of Lordaeron and a cleric apprentice of the Archbishop. He believed in the Holy Light but was never able to feel its full strength. When he saw the destruction the Horde wrought in Azeroth, he felt his faith falter. It was only when Lothar was struck down that Turalyon's faith was revitalized and it was so strong that both the Alliance and Horde forces were completely stunned. Turalyon would draw upon his skill as a paladin and his experience in command to defeat Doomhammer.
Although he was initially a priest, Turalyon is a skilled and fearsome warrior and can fight as well as any knight. He, like Lothar, is usually seen leading contingents of knights, smashing aside any foe with his warhammer and his aura, spreading encouragement to his own troops and fear into the hearts of his enemies. His determination and faith gives him enough strength to fight dozens of much larger orcs. A skilled tactician, Turalyon is known for his tactics of surprising enemy forces with fearsome charges of knights and foot soldiers while supporting them with arrow and magic.
Valley of Heroes Monument
Esarus thar no'Darador' - By Blood and Honor We Serve.
You were the right hand of justice and virtue, old friend. Your name will be honored in our halls always.
- Lord Uther the Lightbringer - Knight of the Silver Hand
There is a hint to Turalyon and Alleria in a loading screen tip in Mists of Pandaria, that says the following: "No one has seen Alleria and Turalyon for years."
- By the Light, your time here has ended! You are not of this world, not of the Holy Light. You do not belong here! Begone!
- You will stand trial for your crimes. You will stand in Capital City, in chains as the leaders of the Alliance decide your fate, and there you will acknowledge your full defeat. But you will not be so lucky. You will die here, with the rest of your kind, and this world will be rid of your taint forever!
- I hope you are wrong. But if you are right, we will be here waiting for them when they return. And we will drive them back again, just as we did this time. This world is ours, and by the Holy Light we will keep it safe, now and forever. (to Khadgar when mentioning the Horde might return at the end of the Second War)
- We knew when we came through we might not be returning. Light, we expected to die--but we didn't. The portal's closed. We did what we came here to do. What do we do now--that's up to us. There are others still out there--we need to find them, bring them back. We'll explore. Make new allies. Keep fighting the Horde, whatever's left here, so they don't ever try to do something like this again. The Light is still with us. We still have a job to do. This world will be what we choose to make of it. (after the Dark Portal exploded)
| Preceded by:|
Lord Anduin Lothar
Supreme Allied Commander
| Succeeded by:|
| Preceded by:|
Master of Honor Hold
| Succeeded by:|