Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tuesday morning downtime is a period usually between 3am or 5am and 7am or 11am PST/PDT (varies) on a Tuesday morning when Blizzard Entertainment takes down all of the North American and Oceanic World of Warcraft realms for weekly maintenance. As a result, no one can play World of Warcraft during that period upon the servers hosted in North America. This also affects the Oceanic servers, especially as this downtime window cuts into the Tuesday evening for New Zealand, Australian and Asian players.
When Blizzard deems it necessary the weekly maintenance may also be extended, often for preparing for patches. For a period of time from late 2006 onwards, Blizzard had also trialled Live Maintenance, whereby updates had been applied without requiring extended downtime.
Extended downtime maintenance Edit
- The web API to official web sites should be available during downtime.
See also Edit
- Wednesday morning downtime (Europe downtime)
- | 2007-01-30 08:06 by Drysc
- | 2006-08-29 01:23 by Vythe:
- Scheduled maintenance is performed with a schedule that occurs every Tuesday, beginning at 5 AM and ending at 11 AM pacific time. This allows us the window of time needed to perform the necessary maintenance tasks to our infrastructure as part of our continued efforts in improving realm stability and performance. We realize that this is inconvenient, yet we believe that it will result in an overall improvement for our player base.