Trudging through the Ashes is chapter 1 of Path of the Damned.
- 7 Sheep
- Robert (male)
- Tyler (male)
- 38 male unnamed villagers
- 14 female unnamed villagers
- 9 unnamed children
- 7 Riderless Horses
Transcript of the missionEdit
- Arthas: What trickery is this? Mal'Ganis! I don't know how you survived, but I will...
- Tichondrius: Calm yourself, Prince Arthas. I am Tichondrius. Like Mal'Ganis, I am a dreadlord, but I am not your enemy in truth. I've come to congratulate you.
- Arthas: Congratulate me?
- Tichondrius: By killing your own father and delivering this land to the Scourge, you have passed your first test. The Lich King is pleased with your... enthusiasm.
- Arthas: I've damned everyone and everything I've ever loved in his name, and I still feel no remorse. No shame, no pity.
- Tichondrius: The runeblade that you carry was forged by the Lich King and empowered to steal souls. Yours was the first one it claimed.
- Arthas: Then I'll make do without one. What is the Lich King's will?
- Tichondrius: The Cult of the Damned must be rallied once again. Many of the acolytes have been in hiding from the populace. Once you've rallied them, I will give you further instructions.
- ...hard to understand quote by Tichondrius?...
The mission ends with the dreadlord congratulating Arthas on his job, and assigning him his next "undertaking".
- Tichondrius: Well done, death knight. The Cult is nearly assembled.
- Arthas: Lordaeron lies in ashes. What good are these cultists to us now?
- Tichondrius: They will aid you in your next undertaking.
- Arthas: And what's that?
- Tichondrius: You will go to Andorhal and recover the remains of the acolytes' former master, the necromancer, Kel'Thuzad.