- See also: Trial of the Grand Crusader
Trial of the Crusader (sometimes called "Crusaders' Coliseum: Trial of the Crusader") is an epic 10- and 25-player raid dungeon in the Crusaders' Coliseum with five encounters.
The time to strike at the heart of the Scourge is drawing close.
Clouds blanket the skies of Icecrown and heroes gather beneath battle-worn banners in preparation for the coming storm. They say that even the darkest cloud has a silver lining. It is this hope that drives the men and women of the Argent Crusade: hope that the Light will see them through these trying times, hope that good will triumph over evil, hope that a hero blessed by the Light will come forth to put an end to the Lich King's dark reign.
There are a number of boss encounters in the Trial of the Crusader:
- The encounter, which is made up of three sub-encounters
- , a man'ari eredar
- The , a PvP-styled encounter against a team of the opposite faction
- and , the
- , a surprise fifth encounter that raid parties are dropped in upon
- Hotfix (2009-09-03): "A hotfix has been deployed that will prevent the instance from entering a bugged state where <Argent Coliseum Master> does not spawn after a soft reset. If you haven't gotten to Anub'arak yet, you'll be fine now.
For those of you already afflicted with this bug in your saved raid, I'm still working on a method to correct the issue via hotfix for everyone so afflicted.In the meantime, our customer service staff has been informed how they can resolve the bug for a raid with a bugged instance."
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added.