|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.0.2.
Training points are used to "spec" the pet in various ways, including passive modifications such as Cobra Reflexes, Avoidance, increased Armor, Health and Resistances, as well as active abilities, such as Growl, Cower, and other various beast abilities.
Hunter pets can now be untrained of all their skills from any beast trainer in the major cities. Similar to talents, untraining a specific pet scales up as you do it more times: 10 silver, 50 silver, 1 gold, 2 gold, 3 gold, etc., eventually stopping at 10 gold.
Additional Notes Edit
- A level 70 pet with max Loyalty (Rank 6 - Best Friend) will have 350 training points to spend. (level)*(loyalty-1)
- Maximum available training points are not affected by the level at which the pet was tamed.
- Growl costs no training points at all ranks, and can even be trained with negative TP.
- TP spent on purchased ranks of an ability count toward the total TP cost of following ranks.
- TP can be reset by Pet Trainers, who are normally found in major cities near Hunter Trainers.
External Sources Edit