Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Role||Lead Game Designer (Game Systems)|
|"Personally I intend the average guild be |---------------------------------| organized (but no more or less than that)"|
Tom Chilton (aliases Kalgan and Evocare) is the former Game Director of Blizzard Entertainment's MMORPG World of Warcraft. With Rob Pardo and Jeffrey Kaplan, he was one of three lead designers on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. In late 2016, Chilton announced that he was stepping down as Game Director to focus on another project within Blizzard.
He previously worked as a lead designer for Origin Systems on MMORPG Ultima Online. He is credited with three Ultima Online expansions: Ultima Online: Third Dawn, Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge and Ultima Online: Age of Shadows. He left Origin Systems in 2004 after Electronic Arts disbanded the studio. He joined Blizzard Entertainment to work on World of Warcraft and was on a team of six game designers.
Tom Chilton has made appearances at Blizzard Entertainment's BlizzCon 2005, 2007, and 2011 events. At BlizzCon 2005, he was on the developer panels for discussions about character classes, dungeon creation, raids, and battlegrounds. At BlizzCon 2007, he was on the developer panels for discussions about classes, PvP, user interface and mods, and professions and items.
As one of the lead designers for World of Warcraft, he often bears the brunt of players' anger about perceived gameplay problems.
- As a game director for Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., Tom Chilton is dedicated to ensuring that World of Warcraft® is as enjoyable as possible for all of its players. This includes holding and carrying forward the vision for the game while overseeing the work of the design, art, and engineering teams.
- Chilton joined Blizzard Entertainment in early 2004 as a senior game designer for World of Warcraft and spearheaded the design of the talent system, classes, items, auction house, mail system, combat, and Battlegrounds/PvP. Prior to joining Blizzard Entertainment, Chilton spent four years as a game designer and lead game designer on Ultima Online.
- In his spare time, Chilton enjoys playing games of all varieties. He has been an avid player of PC games for nearly 30 years and also enjoys card and board games.
He occasionally says not Greg Street after introducing himself, because of his similar appearance to him.
- ^ Tom Chilton. Retrieved on 2008-02-27.
- ^ a b Kalgan (Tom Chilton 2016-10-13. New Adventures (Just Down the Hall). Official WoW General Discussion forum (US).
- ^ "World of Warcraft: Intro to Mists of Pandaria" preview panel (featuring Tom Chilton, Game Director; Cory Stockton , Lead Content Designer; and Greg Street, Lead Systems Designer) at BlizzCon 2011
- ^ WoW -> Info -> Burning Crusade Credits. Retrieved on 2008-04-12.
- ^ MobyGames - Tom Chilton. Retrieved on 2008-03-21.
- ^ WoW -> Info -> Classic Credits. Retrieved on 2008-04-12.
- ^ BlizzCon 2013 US Press Kit included on USB flash drive given to press
- ^ BlizzCon 2013 Warlords of Draenor Press Kit