- Tiny Emerald Whelpling
- Item Level
- Use: Teaches you how to summon this companion.
- Sell Price: 25
Tiny Emerald Whelpling drops from in northern Feralas (initially only dropped from Dreaming Whelps in the Swamp of Sorrows). Unlike the source of the other two pets, Tiny Crimson Whelpling and Dark Whelpling, there were also Adolescent Whelps located here which did not drop the pet but still needed to be killed as they often took the spawn location of Dreaming Whelps. Due to this, it was generally considered to be the rarest and most valuable of the three pets, as it requires more effort to kill the mobs that matter. Between Patch 3.1 and Cataclysm, the drop rate improved somewhat as Adolescent Whelps also could drop the pet, but with Cataclysm, only the Noxious Whelp dropped the pet at <0.1% chance.
In Cataclysm EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
As of Cataclysm, and were removed from game, and now Tiny Emerald Whelpling is only dropped by in northern Feralas.
In Patch 3.1. EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
In Patch 3.1, the aforementioned Adolescent Whelps will now drop the pet.
- The drop rate of this pet is 0.1% (one in every thousand kills) and takes an incredible amount of patience and determination in order to get one. Due to the difficulty of obtaining one, and thus their rarity, they can sell for fairly large amounts of gold on the Auction House, at least as far as pets are concerned. The table below shows the cumulative probability of getting at least one after a number of kills.
|Number of Kills||100||288||401||693||1386||2302||2995||4603||9206|
|Neither the drop rate nor cumulative probability increases based on the number of monsters you have already killed.|
See also Edit
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): and removed, now dropped by .
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Also dropped by .
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Undocumented change.
- Patch 1.11.1 (28-Jun-2006): Added. Dropped by .
- Summoning spell