Tinhead is a mechanical boss in the Opera House in Karazhan, accompanied by , , , Dorothee's pet , and followed by .
- See also: Wizard of Oz for opera event details including tactics and loot table
- Basic Melee - 1500 to 2000 on plate.
- Cleave - 5 yd range. Instant. Inflicts Physical damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets. Around 4000 damage to cloth.
- Rust - Slow speed by 10%, stacking 8 times. It is considered a buff, so it can be purged. This is a purely scripted effect. A tank should hold aggro until Tinhead is sufficiently Rusted to kite.
Contrary to popular (and incorrect) belief, Frost spells and Sunder Armor have no effect on the rusting of Tinhead.
Only time allows the stacking of more Rust on Tinhead. It is a time scripted buff.
30 seconds after Dorothee spawns Tinhead will gain the first Rust, and will stack another every 6 seconds afterwards until 8 applications. He remains slowed forever.
- Update: Since patch 2.3, it is not possible to use Detect Magic on Tinhead, as the spell no longer exists. However, enemy buffs appear without the Detect Magic being applied.
Tanks: his Cleave can kill casters and melee, so either ask for space or run back and forth between the walls, using whatever threat generating abilities you have as you run past. ( Mangle, judgment, Sunder Armor) As more of the other adds go down, you'll find that you have more and more space to move him around.
- Useful tip: Kill Tinhead last, while kiting him. He's a good source to regen some mana as well. Tinhead can easily be wanded to death.
- Useful tip: If you have a paladin in your group, he can judge Seal of Justice on Tinhead as soon as he spawns to slow him immediately to normal movement speed.
- I could really use a heart. Say, can I have yours?
Killing a player:
- Guess I'm not so rusty, after all.
- Back to being an old rustbucket.