Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tier 7 is a type of item set. Each set consists of 5 pieces. Separate 10- and 25-man versions of each set exist, sometimes referred to by players as "Tier 7.10" and "Tier 7.25" (or "Tier 7.5") respectively. 10-man sets are all prefixed with "Heroes'", 25-man sets are all prefixed with "Valorous". Items from both sub-sets count towards the same set bonuses.
The Heroes rank of Tier 7 are item level 200. The Valorous rank are iLevel 213.
Four out of five tokens drop from bosses in Naxxramas:
- The token for the shoulderpiece of each set drops from Loatheb,
- the token for the pants of each set drops from Thaddius,
- the token for the chest piece of each set drops from The Four Horsemen,
- the token for the headpiece of each set drops from Kel'Thuzad.
- Additionally, a token for shoulder, pants or chest may drop from Gluth.
One out of five tokens drop from the boss in the Obsidian Sanctum:
- The token for the gloves of each set drops from Sartharion.
The following classes share tokens:
- Paladin, Priest and Warlock share tokens of the Lost Conqueror,
- Warrior, Hunter and Shaman share tokens of the Lost Protector and
- Rogue, Death Knight, Mage and Druid share tokens of the Lost Vanquisher.
In addition, the 10-man gloves and chest tokens can be purchased for Emblems of Heroism and the 25-man legs and shoulders tokens can be purchased for Emblems of Valor. Also, Archavon the Stone Watcher sometimes drops tier 7 gloves or leggings.
With the removal of the 40-man version of Naxxramas in World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, the ability to obtain Tier 3 items was removed from the game, as Naxxramas moved to Northrend to become an entry level raid dungeon with 10- and 25-man versions. As a result, with the exception of the death knight set, the two versions of Tier 7 are based on Tier 3, both in terms of visual design and name.
In the new Tier naming system, "Garb" is a caster set, "Regalia" is a healing set, "Battlegear" is a physical damage set, and "Plate" is a tanking set. It can be expected that this naming system will extend to yet-unreleased Tiers. The Feral Druid set is called "Battlegear" because it can be used for melee (Cat Form) or tanking (Bear Form), and the tanking name "Plate" is illogical since Druids cannot wear Plate armor.