Tier 4 is a type of item set. Each set consist of 5 pieces.
Each piece is purchased by acquiring an armor token "the Fallen" from defeating a Burning Crusade raid boss. Each token is good for one piece of armor (ie chest, head, etc), and is valid for any of several particular classes. Note that as this was created before Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters were available, there is no Tier 4 Death Knight, Monk, or Demon Hunter armor set.
Some classes have several sets, each designed for a different talent tree.
|Druid|| Malorne Regalia (Balance) |
Malorne Harness (Feral Combat)
Malorne Raiment (Restoration)
|Hunter||Demon Stalker Armor|
|Paladin|| Justicar Raiment (Holy) |
Justicar Armor (Protection)
Justicar Battlegear (Retribution)
|Priest|| Incarnate Raiment (Heal) |
Incarnate Regalia (Damage)
|Shaman|| Cyclone Regalia (Elemental) |
Cyclone Harness (Enhancement)
Cyclone Raiment (Restoration)
|Warrior|| Warbringer Battlegear (Damage)|
Warbringer Armor (Tank)
Two out of five tokens drop from bosses in Karazhan:
- The token for the headpiece of each set drops from Prince Malchezaar and
- the token for the gloves of each set drops from The Curator.
Two out of five tokens drop from bosses in Gruul's Lair:
- The token for the pants of each set drops from Gruul the Dragonkiller and
- the token for the shoulders of each set drops from High King Maulgar.
One out of five tokens drops in Magtheridon's Lair:
- The token for the chest piece of each set drops from Magtheridon.
The following classes share tokens:
- Druid, Priest and Warrior share tokens of the fallen defender,
- Hunter, Mage and Warlock share tokens of the fallen hero and
- Paladin, Rogue and Shaman share tokens of the fallen champion.