|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||45 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Thunderstorm is a shaman ability learned at level 10 for those with the elemental specialization. It deals an AoE blast of lightning to all enemies within range while knocking them back and slowing their movement speed. It is usable while stunned.
Modified by Edit
- Elemental abilities
- It is a self defense mechanism that helps the elemental shaman push melee attackers away and also damage them a bit in the process.
- It is one of the very few abilities in the game that has a knockback effect; this effect can be very useful in many situations in PvP (and select PvE Situations) because it can be used to push an enemy player off cliffs or higher elevated places resulting in fatal fall damage unless the opponent has some countermeasure to save themselves. Notable examples are the lifts in Thunder Bluff, the Lumber Mill in Arathi Basin, the zeppelin from Orgrimmar to Thunder Bluff, or the Meeting Stone for Naxxramas. The flag spawn point in Eye of the Storm is perhaps the best place to use this ability in the game. Due to the layout of the area, a well timed Thunderstorm can easily kill crowds of enemy players and prevent the flag from being picked up.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Thunderstorm no longer regenerates Mana.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Thunderstorm now reduces the movement speed of players it knocks back by 40% for 5 seconds.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): It is no longer possible to use this ability while under the effects of the Druid spell Cyclone.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Thunderstorm and Shamanistic Rage can no longer be used while Frozen, Cycloned, Sapped, or Incapacitated.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Thunderstorm can now be cast while stunned.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Fixed a bug where Thunderstorm (Elemental) was knocking back 15 yards, instead of 20. It should now roughly knockback the correct length of 20 yards.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Mana gain has been increased to 8%. Was 5%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.