- Were you looking for info on the dungeon introduced with Burning Crusade called Violet Hold or the scenario called Violet Hold?
|The Violet Hold|
|Location||Dalaran, Broken Isles|
The Violet Hold (previously known as dungeons of Dalaran) is a prison complex located in Dalaran. It is the third instance to be located within the bounds of a capital city (after the Stormwind Stockade and Orgrimmar's Ragefire Chasm).
With Dalaran's move to the Broken Isles in World of Warcraft: Legion, the proximity to the Tomb of Sargeras has triggered even deeper parts of the Hold to unlock. With new secrets, players will discover the origins of Dalaran and the Kirin Tor.
The dungeon is part of Legion's scalable content, meaning the dungeons do not have to be played in level-order.
Among the ornate spires and enchanted streets of Dalaran, the great Violet Hold stands as a testament to the glory of the city's rulers, the Kirin Tor. Yet within its mighty walls, a dark truth awaits.
Filled with row upon row of deadly inmates, the hold has long been used to restrain threats to Dalaran.
During the aftermath of the Third War, Lord Garithos caught the blood elves - led by Prince Kael'thas - consorting with Lady Vashj, and forging a desperate alliance with her naga. Garithos branded him a traitor and threw him in a magical cell in the dungeons underneath the city of Dalaran. Kael found himself confined in the prison until Vashj broke him out, during their escape they put to rest the souls of four archmagi: Antonidas, Conjurus Rex, Fordred Aran and Landazar. They found a furbolg and an ogre, which were experiments of the wizards of Dalaran and let them loose upon Garithos' guards. They also fought against some trapped undead and rescued the rest of the prisoner blood elves. Finally Kael'thas and the rescued blood elves killed Jailor Kassan, an old friend of Kael'thas, who guarded the exit to escape.
After Kael'thas' escape the prison was diligently watched over by the Kirin Tor and it had enjoyed stability for many years.
In a sudden, violent assault, Malygos later unleashed his blue dragonflight upon Dalaran, hungry to reclaim arcane dominance over Azeroth. Utilizing a massive crack in the Violet Hold's roof, agents of the Dragon Aspect began pouring through portals within the prison, testing its integrity and risking the safety of everyone outside its walls.
- In Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, it was an underground dungeon, with Kael'thas being nearly in the deepest part of it. In World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, it was an above-ground building. The city may have been rebuilt with a different layout before it was moved to Northrend, the Warcraft III map may have failed to show what the dungeon looked like from an outside view (if it had one at the time), Kael'thas may have escaped through what is now the Underbelly, or some combination of the above.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.3 (19-Jul-2016): Added.
- ^ The Violet Hold (English) (HTML). Wrath Dungeons. Blizzard Entertainment Inc.. Retrieved on 2009-03-17. “This prison has been diligently watched over by the Kirin Tor, and even the blood elf Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider found himself confined there after forging a desperate alliance with the naga. Although he managed to escape captivity with the help of Lady Vashj, the prison has otherwise enjoyed stability for many years… until now.”
- ^ BlizzCon 2015 Overview and Content Panel
- ^ a b c d e The Violet Hold (English) (HTML). Wrath Dungeons. Blizzard Entertainment Inc.. Retrieved on 2009-03-17.
- ^ "Curse of the Blood Elves: The Dungeons of Dalaran", Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment.
See also Edit
- Outer zone