Part of the meta-achievement for Pilgrim's Bounty.
This achievement requires you to kill 40 Wild Turkeys with less than 30 seconds between each kill. If you fail to kill the next turkey before the 30 seconds run out, you will have to start all over again.
When you kill your first turkey, you gain the buff "Turkey Tracker: Tracks the number of turkeys you have terminated." It also counts down the 30 seconds you have to kill another.
You get informed of your progress:
- 10 - Turkey Hunter!
- 20 - Turkey Domination!
- 30 - Turkey Slaughter!
- 40 - TURKEY TRIUMPH!
Killing turkeys is rather straight forward work but there are things one can do to help out the odds:
- Hunt during off hours when there are is no competition to thin out the ranks.
- Use or, if you are a hunter, Track Beasts to help you find your next target.
- Don't hunt around busy places. Hunting around Stormwind or Undercity is simply useless. It's where everyone starts, and where people farm the turkey meat for their cooking.
- The turkeys will hit back once before dying, so if you are a hunter using Aspect of the Cheetah, you WILL receive the Dazed debuff if you hit them with a melee attack.
- A useful macro is:
- /tar Wild Turkey
- /cast [Ranged ability of some kind]
It would be pointless to give specific advice here on what locations make good hunting. Because the best strategy is to hunt where there is no competition, any list of good locations would draw many players to those spots, thereby making those locations unattractive.
The word "turkinator" refers to The Terminator, a SF movie.
Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added.