Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Part of the meta-achievement for Pilgrim's Bounty.
This achievement requires you to kill 40 Wild Turkeys with less than 30 seconds between each kill. If you fail to kill the next turkey before the 30 seconds run out, you will have to start all over again.
When you kill your first turkey, you gain the buff "Turkey Tracker: Tracks the number of turkeys you have terminated." It also counts down the 30 seconds you have to kill another.
You get informed of your progress:
- 10 - Turkey Hunter!
- 20 - Turkey Domination!
- 30 - Turkey Slaughter!
- 40 - TURKEY TRIUMPH!
Killing turkeys is rather straight forward work but there are things one can do to help out the odds:
- Hunt during off hours when there is no competition to thin out the ranks.
- Use or, if you are a hunter, Track Beasts to help you find your next target.
- Don't hunt around busy places, such as just outside Stormwind or Undercity. It's where everyone starts, and where people farm the turkey meat for their cooking.
- The turkeys will hit back once before dying, so if you are a hunter using Aspect of the Cheetah, you WILL receive the Dazed debuff if you hit them with a melee attack.
- A useful macro is:
- /tar Wild Turkey
- /cast [Ranged ability of some kind]
It would be pointless to give specific advice here on what locations make good hunting. Such places vary from server to server depending on population and time of day. It is best to do some exploring on your particular server and try to find those hidden nooks that no one else seems to have discovered. You may also choose to wait to do your hunting around the middle of the week, as this avoids the people seeking to get the achievement out of the way on the first day, while also avoiding those rushing to get it done at the end of the week before the event ends.
The word "turkinator" refers to The Terminator, a SF movie.
Patch changes Edit
Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Added.