- This article is about the Lich King's appearance in the Scarlet Enclave. For other appearances, see Lich King (disambiguation).
The Lich King is the first quest giver for new death knights, standing atop Acherus: The Ebon Hold in the Eastern Plaguelands. He is accompanied by two Val'kyr Battle-maidens when atop Acherus, and by Prince Keleseth and Prince Valanar at Death's Breach.
Throughout phase one of the death knight starting quest chain, he will whisper to the death knight while slaying mobs in Havenshire. His invasion of the death knight's thoughts mirrors the journey of Arthas himself while he was a death knight.
He is involved in the following quests:
- "All life must end."
- "Your will is not your own."
- "Bow to your master."
- "Go forth and defile these lands."
- "All. Must. Die."
- "Slay all who oppose us!"
- "You know what to do."
- "Conquer in my name!"
- "Remember who owns your soul, death knight!"
|Ebon Hold||Death's Breach||Light's Hope|