The Blood of Mannoroth is an interlude in the Orcish campaign, The Invasion of Kalimdor. It takes place after The Spirits of Ashenvale and before The Hunter of Shadows.
In this interlude The Pit Lord Mannoroth together with the Dreadlord Tichondrius is spilling his blood into the pool wishing the orcs will drink it, causing their minds belong to demons again.
- Mannoroth - Ashenvale forest. After ten thousand years, I still recognized this cursed place! This is the vale of our ancient enemy, the night elves' demigod, Cenarius.
- Tichondrius - Yes. Lord Archimonde demands that Cenarius be destroyed before we launch the invasion of Kalimdor.
- Mannoroth - I would relish the chance to face him again in combat, but he is crafty and rarely appears in the open.
- Tichondrius - Fateful as it sounds, your pet orcs have recently despoiled these forestlands and incurred his wrath. Lord Archimonde and I believe that the orcs are capable of killing Cenarius for us.
- Mannoroth - They would have little chance against Cenarius. If memory serves, his powers were quite formidable.
- Tichondrius - Yes, but so are yours. The blood pact that you made with the orcs long ago still binds them to you. You need only recharge their energies.
- Mannoroth - Just what are you suggesting, dreadlord?
- Tichondrius - Spill your blood into this pool. Its corruption will lure the orcs to it, and once they've tasted your blood again, they will be unstoppable!
- Mannoroth - Ha ha ha ha ha...