Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Any placeable object can mark terrain, but in order to be useful the marking object must be:
- Visible over a distance - in WoW, that generally means a large object
- If subtlety is warranted, a small object may server better
- Persistent - no fixed duration, but generally at least tens of seconds or several minutes
- Stays in a fixed location - if it wanders, it can't mark a spot on the map
- Smoke Flares are the quintessential example. The Smoke Flare pyrotechnic device places a smoke column on the terrain.
- Lunar Festival terrain markers. These two stones create a column of light on the terrain.
- Ad Hoc, generally smaller objects. Anything that can be placed; examples:
- A campfire, placed by using the Basic Campfire skill.
- A keg of Brewfest Brew, placed by using a (not consumed) - if you have the item, the use is free
- Summoning a Snowman companion (requires and consumes a )
- A Portal, summoned by a mage. It doesn't matter where the portal goes, it is being used for its graphic property in the game environment (requires and consumes a )
Some uses that people have come up with:
- marking locations for raids
- smoke bomb the Flag Rooms in the Warsong Gulch battleground
- props for floor shows and fashion shows