Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article or section contains information that is out-of-date.
|Temple of Atal'Hakkar|
|Sunken Temple, Temple, ST|
|Temple of Atal'Hakkar loading graphic|
|Location||Pool of Tears, Swamp of Sorrows|
|Race(s)|| Green dragonflight|
|End boss||Avatar of Hakkar, Shade of Eranikus|
|Player limit||5 (10)|
Temple of Atal'Hakkar (also known as Sunken Temple and more rarely, Lost Temple) is a shrine erected by the Atal'ai trolls, led by their master Jammal'an the Prophet, to the nefarious Blood God — Hakkar the Soulflayer. Believing that this was the intended site for Hakkar's reentry into Azeroth, the great Dragon Aspect, Ysera, and her green dragonflight sunk the temple into the depths of the Swamp of Sorrows...but the dragons did not realize that it was the wrong location until it was too late.
Many of the bosses in the instance have some kind of prerequisite in order to encounter them. Atal'alarion will appear after activation of statues, Jammal'an the Prophet can only be reached by killing the 6 troll mini-bosses, Avatar of Hakkar must be summoned and the Shade of Eranikus will only be killable after the death of the Prophet.
The Temple may be entered by level 45. The mob level range is 40-55, with the final boss being 55.
From old World Dungeons site:
- Over a thousand years ago, the powerful Gurubashi Empire was torn apart by a massive civil war. An influential group of troll priests, known as the Atal'ai, attempted to bring back an ancient blood god named Hakkar the Soulflayer. Though the priests were defeated and ultimately exiled, the great troll empire buckled in upon itself. The exiled priests fled far to the north, into the Swamp of Sorrows. There they erected a great temple to Hakkar - where they could prepare for his arrival into the physical world. The great dragon Aspect, Ysera, learned of the Atal'ai's plans and smashed the temple beneath the marshes. To this day, the temple's drowned ruins are guarded by the green dragons who prevent anyone from getting in or out. However, it is believed that some of the fanatical Atal'ai may have survived Ysera's wrath - and recommitted themselves to the dark service of Hakkar.
In Cataclysm EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
The Sunken Temple was raised to a level 50-60 dungeon in Cataclysm.
Quest guide Edit
|Quest name||Quest giver||Zone location|
|[50D]||Dwarven District, Stormwind City|
|||Stonard, Swamp of Sorrows|
|||Ratchet, The Barrens|
|||Broken Pillar, Tanaris|
|||Broken Pillar, Tanaris|
|||Steamwheedle Port, Tanaris|
|[53D]||Shadra'Alor, The Hinterlands|
|||Drops off Shade of Eranikus, Inside Sunken Temple|
|[52D]|| Timbermaw Hold, Azshara
|[52D]||Chillwind Point ruins, Alterac Mountains|
|[52D]||Chillwind Camp, Western Plaguelands|
|[52D]||Royal Quarter, Undercity|
|[52D]||Timbermaw Hold, Azshara|
|| Azshara Tower, Azshara
|[52D]||Azshara Tower, Azshara|
|| On the border between Swamp of Sorrow & Blasted Lands
|| Shatter Scar Vale, Felwood
Group info Edit
A good group to have for this instance would consist of a tank, a healer, and three damage dealers, preferably one with good AoE. AoE's are very helpful, as there are many packs with non-elites. The instance offers a lot of opportunity for crowd control (specifically rogue saps and Priest shackle undeads, and magic dispels (from priests, paladins, and Resto shamans) make it a lot easier, as there a various negative effects (Fear and Sleep being the most dangerous). One of the three damage dealers should be able to tank, or have a pet that can tank, for the Shade of Eranikus fight.
Each class brings something useful to this instance, and as much depends on player skill and character levels as does group composition. That said, it's very nice to have reliable Crowd Control, good healing from a suitably geared and/or spec'd healer, as well as some form of out of combat Resurrection and Wipe Recovery.
One of the most important things to bring to this instance is knowledge of the layout or a good guide/map, as it's very easy to get lost here!
- See pre- Cataclysm walkthrough at Old walkthrough.
Dungeon denizens Edit
- Bog beasts
- Dire trolls
- Green dragon (one, Shade of Eranikus)
- Green drakes
- Green dragonspawn
- Green dragon whelps
- Skeletal wind serpent (one, Avatar of Hakkar)
- Wind serpents
- Scourge trolls
|Sunken Temple (circa Cataclysm)|
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level range raised to 52 - 55, but layout dramatically simplified.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Meeting stone now operational for all levels, previously level 45 - 53.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Boss levels lowered.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The minimum level requirement on the Temple of Atal'Hakkar Meeting Stone has been properly assigned.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Capped at ten players.
See also Edit