Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
old. Content is retained for reference or subsequent updates.
- Not 3.0.2 compatible.
- Network Chat Communication Library for Mods
- Telepathy is a chat communications library for cross client addon information sharing. It uses SendAddonMessage for "PARTY", "RAID", "GUILD", "BATTLEGROUND" or "WHISPER" communication and a hidden (faction/server wide) chat channel for "GLOBAL" communication called "GlobalComm".
- Telepathy maintains a user list of everyone in the "GlobalComm" channel, but because other addons also use this standard comm channel it does not mean they are necessarily using Telepathy. Telepathy will automatically join "GlobalComm" after the other channels have loaded if an addon has registered a listener for "GLOBAL". The player can also opt to disable auto-join/leave using "/gcautojoin 0" or "/gcautojoin 1" to enable it again.
- Embedded Libs (Standalone vers): ChatThrottleLib, SeaHooks, SeaPrint, SeaString, Chronos and Satellite
- The most current version is available at www.cosmosui.org.
- Stand alone available at www.wowinterface.com.
- Change Log
- Embeddable library
- Works for raids, parties, guilds and battlegrounds
- Standard/shared global channel name (only ever uses 1 and it is only joined when used)
- Addons merely needs to register a listener and send messages with the Telepathy API for minimal usage
- Performs basic flood control through ChatThrottleLib
- Message priority system for alerts, bulk data and normal messages.
- Datagrams are automatically fragmented, queued and reconstructed for multiple message transfers
- Telepathy.sendTable allows for serialization and direct transfer of lua tables for everything but functions
- Telepathy global messages are automatically forcibly suppressed via a ChatFrame_OnEvent hook and the other messages are not read by the default ChatFrames. This can also be circumvented for debugging.
- Verbose debug options for seeing hidden chat and diagnosing problems using Sea.io.error (prints to chatframe or optionally ImprovedErrorFrame)
Built-in Slash CommandsEdit
- /gcautojoin 1/0 - Allow (1) or Dissallow (0) auto-joining of a GlobalComm Channel when needed
Quick Start ExampleEdit
Minimal Required ExampleEdit
Basic Example of a Telepathy command:
Telepathy.registerListener("TelepathyTest", "WHISPER", function(msg, sender) Sea.io.printComma("TelepathyTester1: ", msg, sender) end ); Telepathy.sendMessage("TelepathyTest", "This whisper is invisible!", "WHISPER", UnitName('player'));
- Outbound Messages
- Listener Registration
- Global Channel Management
To embed Telepathy in your addon:
- 1) Drop the Telepathy folder in your addon folder
- 2) Either add the following to your xml file:
- Or add this line to your toc file:
- 3) Add the following line to your toc: