|Race||Crowd pummeler (Mechanical)|
Techbot is a level 26 crowd pummeler near the Workshop Door in Gnomeregan. He provides Technical Support of a wide and generally meaningless variety. Some of his phrases reference in-game ideas, such as getting banned for spam or harassment, or jokingly maintaining Blizzard's insistence that there is no cow level.
Techbot is also the name of a chatroom bot in the Battle.net USWest/Lordaeron tech support channel. This Techbot's purpose is to help players with common issues that may not require an actual Blizzard employee to address. Techbot can also be whispered certain messages, to which it will respond humorously. Most of the text the WoW Techbot spouts is taken directly from what the battle.net Techbot says.
Some effects Techbot has been reported to place on people:
- Lag (slowing movement and attack speed)
- Link Dead (stun)
- Battle Net - Waiting for players... (unable to move)
- I am a BOT. I have tons of information. To find out what I know whisper me.
- People think I like corndogs, but actually, they give me indigestion !!!
- Please be patient, we will call your name when it is your turn. We are helping people in the order they appear to us on our screen. $N!
- Remember, if you harass the rep or spam the channel, your account may be kicked, banned, or worse.
- Techbot is sensitive and those words hurt my ears. :[ Please be nice to me. I just want to help.
- There is no COW level... really! I repeat: there is no COW level. Well, maybe there is...
- When the rep is talking to you, he will start each line with your name. If you don't see your name, he's not yet speaking to you.
- I love you too. :)
- If you have been muted, or have questions about the Muting/UnMuting process, please visit...zzzzttt!!
- Some topics I can help you with are: | drivers | commands | lag | bots....zzzzzzzzttt!!
- You are welcome, have a nice day.