Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Taunt Can mean several things in World of Warcraft.
- Main article: Aggro
Taunt can refer to the class abilities that allow players to attract attention of a mob. They include the following:
- Death Knight's Dark Command and Death Grip.
- Druid's Growl and Challenging Roar.
- Hunter's Distracting Shot and their tenacity pets' Taunt.
- Paladin's Hand of Reckoning and Righteous Defense.
- Warrior's Taunt, Mocking Blow, and Challenging Shout.
Other classes have high aggro abilities that generate set amount of threat. They include:
- Hunter pet's Growl.
- Hunter pet's Intimidation.
- Warlock Voidwalker's Torment.
- Druid's Faerie Fire deals high threat while in Bear Form.
These abilities do not function identically. "True" taunts both force a mob to attack the taunter for a few second and give the taunter enough threat to top the aggro list. Other abilities (Challenging Roar and Shout, Mocking Blow) compel temporary attacks but do not give aggro; if the taunter fails to build aggro quickly, the monster will go back to its previous target when the effect expires. Still others merely generate a large chunk of threat, but do not compel mobs at all.
- Taunts have no effect on player controlled characters (Death Grip has a partial exception in that it will still move a player's character, but will not force that character to attack the Death Knight.) Players' pets, however, CAN be taunted, allowing some level of Tanking to be applied to PvP situations.
- Using /yell to call members of the enemy force Bad Names during PvP Raids.
- Note: The enemy force only see gibberish when you do this, so it tends to be a bit lost on them, but they get the general idea.
- Using the slash command /taunt to show an animation and play a sound that would be spiteful to an enemy player. /chicken and /rude are similar.
- Useful marcos include (but are not limited to):
/cast Challenging Shout
/y I slept with ALL your Mamas!
/y I would have been your daddy, but a dog beat me over the fence!
(this will look to other players as though Mobs were responding to your insults)