Modified by Edit
Tips and tactics Edit
Taming a beast can be made easier with some preparation. Some of the beasts encountered have special attacks which will cause attempts to tame them to fail. Though the taming time is now dropped from 20 seconds, some of the below tactics may prove useful in particular situations:
- Put down a between you and your target and optionally use . This will add up to 20 seconds of uninterrupted time for taming.
- Have a mage friend the beast and you can then tame it.
- Have a druid friend it.
- You cannot have another pet active if you want to tame a new one. any pet you have active before attempting to tame a new one.
- Interruptions will fail the attempt. This includes stuns, knock downs, and silence, but does not include the daze effect.
- You can only tame beasts your level and lower.
- If you try to tame a beast higher level than your own you receive a system message on your screen that says your level isn't high enough for this beast.
- Some beasts cannot be tamed. Only certain families of beasts are tamable, and even within those families not every member is tamable. To ensure the beast you want is tamable, you may want to cast on it for more information.
- Beast Mastery hunters are able to tame members of exotic pet families with the passive ability.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Now tames pets to match the hunter's level, rather than 3 levels below.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): No longer reduces armor while taming. Time taken to tame pet reduced by 10 sec. Mana cost removed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Beast Mastery talent allows taming of "exotic" pets.
- Patch 1.11.1 (28-Jun-2006): Added.
See also Edit