Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Nether Beasts in Netherstorm ? Edit
im not sure how this is intended... as i've tried using it on the nether beast type mobs in netherstorm, before and after killing, and neither would even allow me to begin extracting anything.. some clarification would be welcome... until then, i question this information. -04:13, 25 February 2007 (EST)
- phase hunter, nether beast(short spawn time, due to blood elves kiling them), mana snapper... these all do not have any effect. - 04:15, 25 February 2007 (EST)
- This item is not supposed to be used on mobs. Eventually you might find what look like gas clouds floating around, thats when you use the Mote Extractor. Dyrele 02:53, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
- The question was related to some text which used to be in the article. already removed it ;) - 05:51, 24 May 2007 (UTC)
New Motes Edit
On the current PTR (Patch 2.3) there are now gas clouds in Nagrand that give motes of air. Totally awesome. Someone should add that to the article once it goes live, because I just know I'll forget. --Morlark 23:22, 14 October 2007 (UTC)
- Also, the Swamp Gas is being changed to give water instead of life in 2.3. Not sure if that's an upgrade, a downgrade, or a side-grade. --Brommon 23:50, 24 October 2007 (UTC)
- its easy enough to get motes of life from herbalism. - 07:33, 25 October 2007 (UTC)
How to use Edit
On Wording: Forgive me if this sounds impolite, however I was wondering if the wording of this article could be tweaked to better suggest how one uses the Extractor. Being apparently a bit simple, I had no idea that the device would work in close proximity to a cloud without needing to select anything. I say this as of course without a gas cloud nearby, the game reports that you need to have a target selected. I wonder if it would also be useful to give mention of the goggles which can be used to detect such clouds - all just supplementary information, really. Sinnyo (talk) 02:26, 22 April 2009 (UTC)